32

"You won't be that bitter or sour. Won't you Light?" L says, out of context and out of the blue.

"Huh..." Light muttered. L hummed. "I hope we still are friends, I hope you don't mind."

Light shakes his head. "Ryuzaki? What are you on about? Of course we are friends. You mean alot to me. As I said before, I care about you. Alot." He repeats.

"Oh, I know. Light, I know you care about me. And of course I care about you. But is being caring enough to be innocent?" L asks.

Light pinched his eyebrows together. His jaw began to clench as he replied. "Ryuzaki, I have feeling your thinking too hard. Today we have been investigating since the early hour. Let's take a break. We deserve sleep tonight. Don't you agree?"

"Yes, Light. I suppose I do agree." L responds. "Splendid." Light grumbled as he laid down on his bed.

L and Light are now laying side by side on the bed. Staring up at the ceiling. Waiting for each other to fall asleep.

That's the only issue. Which one will fall asleep? L or Light? If L falls asleep first. L knows for a fact Light will murder him. Because he knows Light is Kira.

But If Light falls asleep first, L knows he will still have some time left to stop Kira and win this investigation and solve it. Make it a closure.

It's now a game for them. Who will fall asleep first?