34

'Light has fallen asleep. He looks so cute like this. But to think that he is a homicidal maniac. Murdering countless lives. Makes this uneasy. Unnervingly horrifying to see. If he didn't fall asleep before I did. I would've died. He would've killed me. He would've won. But, alas– I won...? No, this is only the beginning of our battle. Now I have to snoop around. I have to see how Kira kills.'

L quietly moved up his chained wrist. Quietly as a mouse, he unclipped himself. Cuffing the other cuff to the bedframe before he gets up.

A depressed heart-break look was in his eyes. "Tell me we were not just friends. We are way more than that." He muttered. A tear began to glisten in L's eye. He turned his head. As it rolled down his face.

But Light has no idea. He is on his side now. Still resting in such a peaceful sleep of slumber. Cuddling a pillow and dreaming it as L.

His mouth twitched a little as he shifted. Grunting in slight annoyance from the cuff being resistant but alas, he remained asleep. Thank goodness for L's sake. He didn't want Light to awaken.

L sniffled softly. He began to walk around the room. Snooping around for any evidence at all to point fingers as Light being Kira.

But subconsciously, the years continued to stream down L's face. He couldn't help it. His heart felt heavy. He felt cold. He felt heartbroken.

That's when he froze in the middle of the room. Staring at Light's drawer. A depressive look remained in his eyes. His mind clicked into realization.

' I have fallen in love with Kira. '