26

Light sighed in relief. Slipping the small tear of the note into a random folder that was on his desk. He closed it immediately.

Slipped it into his binder that he uses for studying. He shuts the binder. Looking over a L as he wiped his pointer finger on his pants. To get rid of the little drippings of the crimson blood that rested on his fingertips.

"L, do you like the stars?" Light decided to ask. Trying to start up a conversation as if he didn't do anything suspicious.

"I quite do actually. I'm a night owl so it will make perfect sense of this observation, Light. I hardly ever sleep. So – typically seeing the stars calms me down after working so hard from hours on end." L explained.

"Oh well I kinda had a hunch about that." Light laughed a little. "It's always nice to look into the little things in life. It makes everything...calmer."

"I agree, Light." L simply responded. He lifted his wrist that had the handcuffs on. He undid it.

'huh...' Light thought as he watched L uncuff himself. And then proceeded to uncuff Light's wrist.

"I think I should uncuff you now. We are in your home. And, how should I say this? I know I shouldn't trust you. But sometimes I feel like I should. You are very smart. Very interesting. And intelligent. You're an excellent investigator, Light Yagami. So for now, you will be freed from my wrist. But remember, I will always be watching you. No matter where you go. Because I still suspect you as Kira. No matter how many times you have denied this, I know it's the truth."

Light clenched his jaw. "I have done as much as possible to prove to you I am not Kira. What else could I do for you to believe me?" He asks.

"Unsure, Light. You'll have to figure that out yourself." L stated. He looked towards Light. Making eye contact.

They kept this contact. Staring at each other's eyes. Subconsciously they began to lean in closer.

Suddenly, Light jerked his head back. Flustered in the face as he covered it a bit. "Anyway, shouldn't we turn on the TV? See if Kira has been killing again?" Light asks towards L.

"I suppose.. it won't hurt to see what Kira is up too." L responded. Chewing on his thumb nail.

"Alright." Light muttered. Picking up the remote and switching the television onwards.