27

"Misa Amane, – the famous model in Japan has died from a sudden heart attack unfortunately. Kira has done this. We are unsure about the details but we will see what we can learn. According to her manager, she was shooting a film and died approximately twenty minutes ago throughout the film, she collapsed and died from the heart attack. Today, Tuesday 14th at Midnight." The news reporter stated.

Light widened his eyes. 'it worked! Misa is dead! I thought it wouldn't... But, that's right. Rem is dead. She has no death note. She only remembered about my note. But, she's now dead. She's finally out of my hair. Gone. She was a criminal. She murdered innocent lives just to get my attention. What an attention whore. Now, she's out of the way – that's alright. I.... Can kill L. I have his name on that sticky note in my pocket. '

Light slowly looked towards L. A psychotic gaze in his eyes. L hummed as he is focused on the television. "What a shame. Your girlfriend has passed. We know this has to be done by Kira. He is hurting everybody that you become close with.... It seems like,"

L paused. Licking his lips as he looked at Light. Light relaxed his gaze. As soon as they made eye contact.

"Kira is targeting you. Which in that case, if you're not Kira – you are in great danger, Light Yagami. " L warns as he folds his hands together.

Light widened his eyes. Playing a false interest with fake-ness of the act of fear. "Wh–what?! Misa is dead?! This is impossible! Why would Kira do this?! She didn't do anything! She's innocent! Ryuzaki?! Am I next?! Am I going to die?! I DONT WANT TO DIE ! "

"Light," L placed his hands onto Light's shoulders. Staring deeply into Light's brownish-red eyes.

"You need to calm down, Light Yagami. I will make sure you don't get hurt. You will be safe with me...." L trailed off.

Light's face softens. 'L.. I have won your trust. You.. now want to protect me? After the accusations. That's fucking hilarious! What a dumbass.. a pathetic little bastard.'

"Now, I know that is a promise that is hard to keep. But we will catch Kira. You and I, together. We will. I believe so. But if I die before then, since we are closer than ever, – and Kira plans to kill me next before you,– you must catch Kira before he kills you. Understand?"  L says as he stared into Light's eyes with concern.

"I understand, Ryuzaki. But I don't want you to die either." Light responded. Suppressing his insane  laughter.

"–You and I must catch Kira, together."