Chapter 16

Time in the city passes by faster than anyone noticed. The leaves fell off the few trees around, for the city to be blanketed by snow.

But that all melts away as the Spring returns.

Then you blink and wham, the long Summer days are here.

Anton hums to himself as he fixes his hair, he's got another broadcast today so he has to leave soon. Wouldn't be professional of himself if he came in looking like he woke up in an alleyway.

Finished making himself look nice, he leaves his bathroom to head to the kitchen where breakfast would be waiting.

He enters the room to see Natalie no where in sight, but Harold at the table with a cup of coffee.

"Good Morning my friend, how lovely to see you up bright and early for once." greeted Anton.

"Eat shit, I have a handover." grumbled Harold.

"Oh, and you're in a chipper mood, it's a day of firsts for sure." laughed Anton.

The brunette happily makes himself to the stove where a plate of eggs and toast with a slice of 'Ham' waited for him.

"Ya, well, this week is going to be for firsts." said Harold.

The radio host sits down to stare at his friend in confusion, smile small and tight.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Well, isn't your one year anniversary with Anthony coming up?" asked Harold, sucking down his coffee.

Anton goes quiet to start thinking, now that Harold mentioned it, he started dating his Anthony a year ago.

Well, in two days it'd be a year.

"Oh, you're correct, wow, a year has passed already." said Anton.

"Ya, so what you guys got planned?" asked Harold.

"Well, nothing yet, I mean, we might go somewhere to eat." said Anton.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, you can't just do simple, an anniversary is a big deal, especially the first year." said Harold.

"Is it really that big of a deal?" asked Anton, taking a bite of his 'Ham'.

The black haired man sighs to run a hand through his hair.

"Look, you're still pretty new to relationships, so listen up, anniversaries are big deals, which is why people do really special and romantic gestures, Anthony would be sad if you treated it like just another day." said Harold.

Anton swallows hard as a frown decorates his face, was it really that big of a deal. He would never want to upset his Anthony.

"I'll think of something, but maybe we could go to a really nice restaurant or dancing, Anthony loves to dance, and I have some of his dresses here, so we wouldn't have to hide our relationship, other places aren't as open minded as the Singing Hills." said Anton.

"Sounds good, but what kind of gift would you get him?" asked Harold.

Anton is silent for his eyes to open and smile big.

"Oh, I already have it, Anthony's been complaining that his radio is no good, so I can give him one of my own personal radios, you think he'll like the tombstone type?" asked Anton.

"Heh, I think so, well, guess you got it all planned out." said Harold.

Anton just nods to finish his breakfast before heading off to work. He hopes it won't be a slow news day like yesterday.