Chapter 17

"Are you sure this shit is fresh, looks a bit old." Anthony said, holding a wrinkly apple.

Anton hums to look at the produce, finding he agrees with his partner.

"Perhaps we should take our business elsewhere."

The two men leave the shop, walking down the streets to another grocery store.

"So what is the big plan for dinner, you never told me what we would be making." said Anthony.

"My personal favorite, jambalaya." said Anton happily.

The white haired man smiles with a soft laugh as they come to another grocery store. The produce here looked much better, but was a bit more expensive.

"Now I see the difference between bargain and cut backs." said Anthony, holding a beautifully plump and red tomato.

Anton plucks the tomato from the white haired man's hand to place it in his basket.

"Or the difference in what one can and can not afford, ha, so much food poisoning." chuckled Anton.

Anthony shakes his head in amusement as they continue to buy the groceries. They exit the shop, each man holding a bag as they walk down the street.

"Hey Anton, on our next dinner together, can we make gumbo, I always wanted to try it but none of the restaurants around make it." said Anthony.

"Of course, my Angel, I'll happily feed you the soul food of the bayou." Anton purred happily.

The white haired man smiles happily, beaming at his boyfriend.

As they walk, Anton peeks around, seeing if anyone was watching them. Seeing no eyes on them or around, Anton takes Anthony's hand and pulls him into an alleyway.

Anthony smiles lightly as they stand in the safety and discreetness of the alley. Matching his partner's smile, Anton leans in, pressing their lips together.

The white haired man hums softly, happily and eagerly meeting his partner's rhythm. The brunette breaks the kiss to look at Anthony, smiling at him.

The two stay like that for awhile when they hear a noise.

Looking over, Anthony is shocked to see Joey at the entrance to the alley, staring at them.

"Tony, you... you're kissing a man." stumbled Joey.

Anton looks annoyed, his hand sliding down to his pocket to grab his knife. Anthony calmly places his hand over the brunette's, stopping him.

"Ya, he's my partner, why are you shocked, Joey, you knew I was gay." said Anthony.

"I know, but just, why this bloke, he doesn't seem your type." Joey huffed.

Anton's smile gets tighter, he still hasn't forgotten this man tried to steal away his Angel. And now he was trying to insult him and say he wasn't good enough.

Anthony grips his hand a little tighter, trying to calm the cannibalistic killer down.

"Looks can be deceiving Joey, don't be fooled by the fancy cover." said Anthony.

Joey just stares at Anton, who returns the stare but his tight smile turns mocking.

While Anthony might not be aware of this lesser man's intentions, he was. And he would take in great delight of tormenting Joey that Anthony chose him.

"You gotta hide better, if I can see you, what if you're spotted and it gets back to your father?" Joey asked.

"He's practically blind to my daring life, but you won't tell him, will you?" asked Anthony.