Soap

'Uh oh, there it goes.
I said too much, it overflowed.
Why do I always spill?'
_______________________________________

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

As Taylor finally took a break and sat down, she heard her name get called from afar. She let out a sigh and forced herself back up, walking over to whoever called her.

She had been working/doing arrangements for most of the 7 hours, the only time she could rest being when they stopped to discuss what they should do with whatever item they were working with. She was not only tired, but starving too. All she ate throughout today were little snacks; she skipped breakfast as to not be late to school, the school's cafeteria food was something she didn't like, and she couldn't eat dinner since she had to go out and help her mom do errands, so you could guess how hungry she was.

When she got there, she saw Aiden and Ben lifting up some crates filled to the top with weapons, ammo, food, water, ect. Aiden then spoke up, "Hey Tay! Could you help us with these crates?" She simply nodded with a tired smile as she went to pick up the last crate.

♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎

As they were walking, she felt herself get bumped, causing her to cut herself in the cheek with a glass shard that was ever so slightly sticking out of the crate. "Sorry Taylor!" Logan said as he ran to get something, 'Hm. He seems like he's in a rush.. damn that hurt..'

When they got there, she set down the crate and you guessed it, someone else called her for more help. At this point, she got fed up and sat down in the back of the jeep to take a quick rest.

♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎

Voices overwhelmed her from every angle, "Taylor come help me with this!" "Taylor, do that". Her legs and arms ached as he hunger just grew more and more. Her last straw was when someone-- she couldn't bother to decipher who it was-- asked her to help around and not be lazy.

"Y'know what? No! I won't help around anymore. All I've been doing these entire seven hours was help around and I haven't been able to get a proper break!" She said, glaring at Logan, who seemed to be the one who said it as the person did stutter a slight bit. "Taylor, there's no need to get agitated. You know this shit is important and we need to do it in order to live." Tyler replied as he crossed his arms, "I know, but can't I just get a damned break for a second?" She stood up, her glare directing at Tyler now. "Look I know your tired, we all are too, but that doesn't give you the right to be lousy and do nothing to contribute or help."

"Contribue or help..? Contribue or help? Really?--" She said with a angered smile "--all I've been doing, is contributing and helping! I haven't been able to have a single break and yet you call me lousy!? What a joke. Not to mention your little Logan hasn't done shit!"

"He was asleep!"

"And I was too! But you guys woke me up, plus, we need to this to survive, right?"

"That's different."

"Different my ass. I was asleep since I haven't been able to sleep for the whole fucking week! And my only time was those few minutes and guess what!? They're gone now. Not to mention I'm starving since I've barely eaten today, and don't you try to say it was on me this time. I couldn't eat breakfast because you woke up late, I didn't like the school lunch, and I was out with Mom doing errands, which is also contributing to my next point. I haven't been able to take a break or rest for the entire day! Not only my arms but my legs and back hurt a shit-ton, but I'm fucking exhausted!"

"Don't yell at me and stop being so dramatic--"

"That's what this is to you!? A joke!? You know I always prove you wrong which I've done time and time before! I'm not being dramatic, I'm just stating the fucking truth! And if you wanna side with your little boyfriend, go on! Side with him! It doesn't matter at this fucking point, does it now!?"
She yelled at him, tears welling up in her eyes as her vision got blurry and her throat closed ever so slightly. Tyler shut up after that and left with Logan as Taylor went and climbed up the wall with the little willpower she had left, and cried, out of regret and pure anger; also some pent up stress was added in that mix. She was a sobbing mess.

♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎

They've now finally shifted back to the real world. Tyler was staying over at Logan's so it was just Taylor. She looked around, regret slowly but surely seeping into her thoughts. She couldn't help but feel horrible for what she said. She felt as if Tyler- no, the whole group hated her for her outburst. She wasn't one to easily snap, and that was one of the first times she's ever snapped infront of the group. She then remembered something. When she was younger, if she said something bad, they would wash her mouth with soap, and that's when it hit her. 'Soap..' she thought as she looked up to her shared bathroom. 'Guess I better wash my mouth out with soap.' she thought as she walked over to the sink, looking at herself in the mirror. She took one more glance to it, picking it up and holding it to her face.

♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎

Tears trickled down her cheeks as she washed her mouth, hating the sensation and obviously, the taste. 'God, I wish I never spoke.. Now I gotta wash my mouth out with soap.'
She then stoped to look at herself, slowly realizing what she's done. She immediately went to rinse it out but it felt like it wouldn't come off, bubbles forming as the water and the soap mixed, causing her to accidentally swallow a bit of it. She continued to frantically rinse off her mouth until she felt like she didn't have anything left. Soon after, she looked up at the mirror. God, was she a mess.

Pain soon started to arise from her throat, then her tongue. She felt a wave of nausea hit her soon enough, so she went to sit down to hopefully wait til it passed.

Nobody had heard of her and she wasn't there for the check-up texts. So Ben offered to go over and check up on her. He had spare keys since Taylor and Tyler trusted him to keep the keys safe.

He unlocked the door and walked over to Taylor and Tyler's room, seeing a light coming from their bathroom. When he saw the doors open, he heard as if someone was throwing up, he rushed over and that's when he saw Taylor. She was leaning over the toilet, blood stains on her mouth and tears running down her cheeks, he immediately rushed over and helped hold back her hair. She knew it was Ben since no one called out to her. When she was done, she washed her mouth and put up her hair and sat down to go talk to Ben.

"What happened?" Ben typed on his phone.

"Well... I-... Just.. promise not to tell Tyler.. or anyone for that matter.." she asked, he nodded. She then proceeded to tell him about what she felt, did, and wished she didn't. Ben then pulled her into a tight hug and let her cry on his chest, rubbing circles onto her back to calm her down.

Soon, another wave of nausea hit, then another, then another.

She finally fell asleep after what seemed like ages for her, Ben decided he needed some sleep too. Arms wrapped protectively around Taylor as she held onto his hand, they cuddled as they slept, comforting each other with their presence and silence.

♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎

To make a long story short, the next day, they all came over and apologized to Taylor for how they treated her, she also confessed about what she did and why, the group swore to look out for her and the others more. And from that day on, Ben and Tyler swore to protect her at all costs, even if it meant dying.

♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎

(A/N)
(FINALLY A 1K+ WORD ONE SHOT AFTER I STOPPED POSTING THOSE 😭 TYSM FOR ALL THE SUPPORT, ILYSM 🫶)

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎