Crying can't change anything (follow up)

'I'll cry until the candles burn down this place.
I'll cry until my pity party is in flames.'
(Follow up to Lovel3yxSt4rs's one shot; 'Crying can't change anything'.
_______________________________________

As Aiden stood there, tears running down his cheeks, he heard a knock on the door. He didn't feel like answering it, it was probably those girl scouts that always came around. But then it kept going, and kept going. And then it stopped. 'Sweet relief,' he thought 'I don't have to deal with making an excuse to not buy cookies. He then heard three solid knocks, but a bit closer this time. Wait, wasn't that the code him and Ashlyn use? He glanced over to the window and there he saw Ashlyn, taking a leaf out of her hair. He wiped his tears and trotted over to let Ashlyn in. "I'm so sorry I was late, the bakery made a mistake and I got caught up with ballet and-- " she said as he went in, a white box in hand. " --are you okay..?" She asked Aiden as she set down the box on his bed. He just looked down, slightly embarrassed he got caught. That's when he felt two hands lift his face up, one of the hands fixing his hair to be able to see his face better and the other resting on his cheek, which the other one did as well. "What happened..?" She asked in a gentle voice.

"I thought everyone forgot my birthday.."

"Oh Aiden.." She said with a worried tone, her demeanor softening. Her thumb started stroking his cheek, working as a way to also wipe his tears. "We would never..." She added. He then put his hand on top of one of her hands, melting in her touch.

♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎

After a small comfort session, Ashlyn then stood up and brought the box, then gave it to Aiden and sat back to watch him open it. She waited anxiously. "Oh my god! It's my favorite!" He put the box aside and jumped onto Ashlyn, giving her a hug. They hug for a good while and start eating it.

"Hey Aid?"

"Yeah?" He answered, turning his head over to look at her.

"Wanna come over to mine?" She asked as she fixed her bun that she still had from her ballet class.

"Sure!"

♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎

Aiden walked in and suddenly, the word "surprise!" Was heard from every angle, his family and friends were there. "This is why I was late, I was so busy preparing this that I lost track of time." Ashlyn said, pushing him a little more inside. He turned around and hugged her tightly, giving her a peck on the nose.

"Thank you, Ash."

"Of course, Aid."

♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎

(A/N)
(I had permission to do a follow up!! I JUST HAD TO DO IT, I COULDN'T BEAR SEEING AIDEN SAD 😭)