Chapter Four

Chapter Four:

The sight of Seonghwa curled up on the couch, snuggled up under what Hongjoong had quickly learned was his favorite blanket, made his heart skip a beat. The Omega was exhausted from the doctor's appointment, a lot of information thrown both of their ways for the upcoming pregnancy.

He brought the steaming cup of tea to the table set next to the couch, placing it down so that it was there if Seonghwa wanted to drink it if he woke up. The Alpha took a seat on the floor, sitting parallel to the couch so that he could still see Seonghwa sleeping.

He thought back to the appointment, his cheeks heating a little as he remembered that he'd told the doctor that he was the Alpha. The truth was, Hongjoong had a crush on Seonghwa. It was a strong one, too, since he'd first met the beautiful Omega. That first moment he'd walked into the house where the party was at and saw Seonghwa, a little tipsy and happily dancing to the music playing, he'd been drawn to him. He'd only been at the party because of his little brother. He'd been a responsible college student and had called his brother for a ride home when he wasn't feeling good but was too drunk to drive.

He wanted to talk to the Omega, but then an Alpha approached him and whispered something in his ear. He had watched as the Omega's cheeks turned pink and had shyly nodded, biting his plush lip. He followed the Alpha up the stairs as Hongjoong stood in the doorway to the living room, watching them with the knowledge of what they were going to do.

He had for sure thought he would never see another Omega that beautiful and captivating in his life, and had yearned for another chance to see him, but then he remembered the real reason that he was there and had promptly left shortly after to get his brother home. Funny enough, when hongjoong was at work, he was asked to pair up with a younger dancer to choreograph some moves, since Hongjoong was also a dancer. It happened to be San, who just so happened to have a picture of that beautiful Omega on his desk, an arm draped over San and his mate. He'd hid his surprise, had not even let on that he had seen Seonghwa before, but he did urge himself to agree to a meet up when San asked if he wanted to hang out. And then it led to dinner and then he had to open his stupid mouth about the pregnancy...

Hongjoong sighed as he began to run his hands through the Omega's pink strands. He looked so peaceful sleeping, and the urge to spend the rest of the evening just watching him made him roll his eyes. Way to be creepy, he thought to himself. Hongjoong wished that he could be Seonghwa's actual mate and not just a fill in. Maybe Seonghwa would come to love Hongjoong, but he wanted to court the Omega first, earn his trust, before mating him.

His sister had wanted the same thing until she had gotten in a relationship with that douche of an Alpha. Even if he didn't love Seonghwa just yet, and Seonghwa didn't have feelings for him, he would give anything to see the Omega smile like that night, carefree, happy, and living his life. So if that meant stepping up as a fill-in with no actual relationship, Hongjoong would happily do it.

His phone buzzed in his pocket as a message came in. Eden had texted him, asking if he needed help with the current project they were working on. Eden was one of Hongjoong's friends, one of the few he had, though he was also considered a coworker higher up than Hongjoong. It didn't stop either of them from forming a brotherly friendship. An idea popped into his head, and he left the room, stepping into Seonghwa's bedroom. In there, it smelled so beautifully like the Omega that he took a deep breath before dialing Eden's number.

"Hey hyung!"

"Hongjoong, hey, you don't normally call. Is everything alright?"

"Uh, sort of? I need...I need advice, hyung."

He explained the situation to Eden, who listened intently over the phone. When he'd finished, telling everything up to the time the two had returned to Seonghwa's apartment, Eden was quiet, thinking.