Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine:

The door to the coffee room opened, but Hongjoong barely noticed. Dark circles had seeped under his eyes, and his lips were chapped as he sipped the lukewarm coffee someone had given him moments ago.

"Mr. Kim?" A soft, deep voice spoke, the calming scent of Omega filling the room. It made his heart clench as he missed Seonghwa's scent. He looked up at the Omega, a smaller man with long caramel-colored hair and a soft smile. He too looked tired as he was only wearing a white button up, the top two buttons undone and his hair a little messy, as if he'd been constantly running his hand through it. Behind him, a man slightly smaller but with intense eyes strided in. His beta scent was barely noticeable, but it didn't contain anything hostile like Hongjoong had thought it would be.

"Yes? Is there any news?"

"Unfortunately, there hasn't been any new developments, and whoever took your Omega was very careful about not leaving any clues. We just wanted to ask some questions, a little bit more in depth than you've already answered, okay?"

Hongjoong nodded.

"I'm Kang Yesoang and this is my partner, Kim Jongho."

"Hi," Hongjoong mumbled, staring down into the paper coffee cup.

They started with the basics that Hongjoong knew about Seonghwa. Then they delved into deeper topics.

"Did Mr. Park ever disclosed any information about his family to you?"

"No. He just told me he wasn't really close to his family. His father wasn't really accepting of his Omega status and his mother wasn't willing to stand up against him so he'd left at a fairly early age. Sixteen, I think."

"Did Seonghwa ever mention any siblings?"

"No. He was an only child."

"Okay. And last question. Do you know the name of the Alpha who is the biological father of his pup?"

"He said his name was Doyun, but I only know his first name."

The two detectives thanked Hongjoong before they started to walk out the door. Yeosang stopped in the doorway and looked Hongjoong in the eyes. "I promise I will do everything I can to find Park Seonghwa alive."

The Blindfold was ripped off of his face, blinding the Omega for a few seconds. Seonghwa had stared at the man in front of him. He looked both familiar and unfamiliar at the same time. He could tell his mother's features in the way his nose sat on his face and his lips were rounded. But other than that, Seonghwa couldn't find anything that he'd ever seen before on this man.

"I don't even know who you are. Why do I matter to you, 'brother'?" Seonghwa spat.

One of the other men stepped forward to strike Seonghwa and he shrank back in preparation, but his supposed brother stopped him with a simple gesture of his hand.

"Because, Seonghwa, you've gotten everything that I haven't been able to have. You got mommy and daddy's affection. Well, you did before you became a whore Omega. You got to play carefree, nothing to worry about but whether your favorite cartoons will be on. And now you've got a true mate and a pup on the way? A degree with a possible career after you have the pup?" The Alpha scoffed. "You have everything, Seonghwa. Everything that I had wanted."

"I had no say in that," Seonghwa said flatly. "Why don't you take it out on Mom and Dad. They're the ones who wasted your life."

Yeongsu smirked at that, crossing his arms and leaning back on his legs. "You think I didn't already do that? I tortured that bitch and her mate til they were begging me to finish them. But I didn't kill them, not yet as far as I know. I left them stranded in the mountains hundreds of miles away from anyone that could ever find them."