⋆⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆Chapter Twenty: Family Comfort⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⋆

~In the bedroom (9:02 pm)~

The phone rang, which Spruce knew who phone it was as he brushed one of his bangs with his right hand.

He answered the phone, smiling. "Hi, honey."

"Hey, honey...." His wife Brandy showed herself on the video, which made Spruce smile from ear to ear. "How are you and your brothers? Are you all having a good time during your BroZone Sleepover?"

"Oh, we're doing.....okay.....actually, not really. Oh, baby, we were watching a scary movie and it was horrifying so far. Good thing you called because that movie got me goosebumps. Scared to the bone. You know what I mean?"

Brandy let out a soft laugh. "Aww, Brucey, you're so funny, though I can totally understand. I don't like scary movies. It's a bit too much for me."

"Aw, that's alright now, that's alright. But enough about me, let's talk about you and all the wonderful things you did today."

Brandy held onto her cheek and smiled. "Aw, you. Everything went good for me and the kids. We spent the evening at the beach—oh, hi sweetie."

"Is that daddy, mommy? Hi, daddy."

Spruce laughed and immediately waved at his only daughter and soon enough he heard more from the rest of their kids. They were waving and talking all at once, saying "Hey Daddy," and "Guess what I did, Daddy?" and "I want to talk to Daddy!" and "How are you, Daddy?" and on and on his kids kept the multiple conversations going.

Being patient, Spruce took the time to speak to his thirteen kids, saying, "Hey sweetie again, hey son," and "That's great!" and "I'm here....hi," and "Daddy is doing okay."

While he was talking to his family, Spruce watched Branch grabbed his ringing phone, answering it.

Branch smiled. "Hey, Popifur......."

Branch's smile turned into a sudden frown. "What's wrong, Popifur...........what..........you did.............a scary movie..........you know how you feel about those.........you want me to come over there......but Popifur, this is serious......are you sure........huh......"

Clay came into the living room holding out his phone as a sudden girly scream came out from it.

Clay frowned. "Bros, how do you calm down a screaming girlfriend who has just seen a scary doll movie?"

On speaker, Viva screamed at the top of her lungs.

"What's up with almost everyone watching scary movies?" John Dory asked.

They all blinked at each other. Spruce was going to give out a suggestion, but Viva's screams startled him. Viva stopped screaming and talked for a mile away, which Spruce couldn't keep up with while Clay took it all in.

Viva wailed. "BROCCOLI BABE!!! I'M SCARED!!!!"

Clay tried to calm his girlfriend down. "Baby, I know, it's okay.....it's okay...."

John Dory got off the couch. "I'm going to check on Floyd."

Brandy frowned at her husband. "Is everyone going to be alright?"

Spruce shrugged. "I have no idea, hon. I'm still trying to get my mind back together after seeing that horrifying part of that scary movie."

One of his sons, who had blue skin and purple hair came towards Brandy, smiling at his daddy. Spruce waved at his three-year-old son.

"Daddy.....are you scared?"

Spruce couldn't help, but to be sincere. "Yes, son, but daddy's going to be okay."