5 | the kiss

I double upload chapters, so please make sure you're reading in order! Sorry about that!

Before this chapter, you should have seen Denji & (Y/n) table hop to a classroom! Thank you guys so much 🦹‍♀️

-

The dark homeroom was filled with hungry, smacking lips, as Denji and you devoured the rice crackers prize from your recent hunt. Although you were bitterly freezing, your whole body shaking vigorously so, it was totally worth it.

Was it?

By the time the rice crackers were in your belly, your shivers were so hard that every part of you jumped. The frozen temperature was numbing, and the power shut off again, so it was nothing but the two of you and the dim lamp. Denji's teeth clattered loudly as he rocked back in front in his criss-cross, his palms stroking his his sides.

"I'm f--freezing." He chattered. His nose had turned pink, his soaked clothes sticking to his skin.

"We got--ta get our of these wet clothes." You cupped your frosty nose. "Maybe we could search t--the lost and found for coats." You gulped.

"Yep." He said.

The two of you stood up again, flicking about dewlets of frigid rain water everywhere. Every step you took, water would slosh around in your sneakers, your socks adding flavor to the wintry concoction. You walked down the hall to the dusty old storage closet on this floor. Denji slung the door open, holding out the lamp into the darkness.

By grace, the room was filled with coats. Even luckier, you found painters tarps and even the old Physical Education unform from four years ago. Since then, your high school stopped providing physical education as a class, but as an extra circular.

"Sweet. We hit the jackpot." Denji sighed. He started grabbing at coats, dragging their fur across his body to dry him off.

You quickly did the same, grabbing the more fluffier ones.

"Here you go." Denji dropped a coat on your head, whipping your hair as bone dry as he could muster. The pure robust if it caused you to wobble out of balance. If anything, he was dead serious about keeping you dry. When he stopped, your hair stuck up in every direction, and you pawed it down sheepishly.

"Thanks, Denji." You said.

"Yeah." He smiled, tending to his own hair next.

Once you finished drying off, you grabbed the smallest coat you could and stuffed it on. Afterward, you stuffed on the baggy pants of the old gym uniform before taking the largest coat you could find and gearing up. Though you'd be damp, you'd eventually heat up really well in all this protection.

"Oh, smart." Denji nodded. He copied you immediately.

"Let's take the tarp and build a room with the desks. We can keep the heat in that way." You said.

"You got it, boss." Denji smiled.

The two of you walked back with tarp in hand, still chilly, but at least you weren't freezing. You threw Denji the tarp as you slid the tables around.

"What should does your dream future home look like?" You giggled as you cleared out a space.

Denji got insufferably joyous at the remark, a giddiness sparking through his whole body. He dropped the folded tarp and grabbed a desk.

"I want a big living room." He said. He set down the desk.

"High ceiling?" You asked.

"Yeah. Just enough for us to sit up." He nodded.