26 | when i become you

oh my goodness, I dreamt that I wrote this chapter and I went this entire week thinking everyone must've hated the chapter bc I got 0 notifications 😭😭😭😭. I am so so sorry

Lol!! Here's ur chapter

-

The sharp feeling of cold air hit against Denji's body as he stepped out of the bathroom. His shower was hot, piping almost, as the condensation suffocated the room. He hadn't noticed the feeling of it. His brain tuned it all out. All he could think of was the new teoubkr that was Haruka and Y/n.

The last time this happened, Asa forgot all about him.

Did that mean, y/n would forget all about today?

His frown was prominent as he stepped into the living room, his hand leaning against the doorway. The lights were off, as the loud television treated a blue bright glow in the room. His eyes caught onto his girlfriend, sweet (Y/n), as she lay in Nayuta's lap. And then Nayuta herself, as she gawked at the television.

Haruka was lying on the floor, right next to Nayuta's feet. The dogs gathered all around the three of them.

Denji fixed a sigh, cautiously stepping towards the couch.

"Denji, can you pass me an ice cream?" Nayuta hummed, not sparing a glance.

Denji crossed hissed arms, shaking his head. "No. You have to tur--"

(Y/n) launched out of Nayuta's lap, throwing her head straight into Denji's chest. "Meow!" She chirped.

The boy giggled and cupped her head, kissing her forehead sweetly. "(Y/n)!" He chimed, giddy joy bubbling in his chest. A booming growl resonated from the floor as Haruka sat up on his palms.

"No! Bad boy." Nayuta wagged a finger at him. He quietly shrunk back, and Denji snarled angrily. "Oh hey, look Denji! This guy does tricks." Nayuta leaned forward off the edge of the couch, looming a finger in Haruka's face.

"Spin." She chimed and twirled her finger. To much surpise, Haruka shifted around on his butt and spun like an idiotic mutt. Denji snorted grievously, slapping a hand on his mouth. "Paw." Nayuta held her hand out, and hand dropped his fists into her palm. "Good boy. Now roll over!" She said.

Haruka flopped back onto his back, his hands limp wristed. He rolled about with a bark and chime, a joyful gleam in his green eyes. It was humiliating how his tongue hung out his mouth, how his knees bent to his chest. Nayuta fell next to him, patting his stomach excitedly. "Good boy, Haruka! You're so good!" Nayuta gasped.

Denji burst out laughing, tearing pricking at the corner of his eyes.

"Stop it, Denji. He's actually very obedient! He's better than Crémé!" She pouted.

"Woof woof!" Haruka chimed, his face twisting up vulnerably.

"Look at him!" Denji giggled. "I wish I had a camera."

"Don't listen to him, Haruka. You keep being a good boy." Nayuta cupped his cheeks.

"Wait, hey - don't distract me. We have to turn them back. You said you'd do it after I take a shower." Denji scratched (y/n)'s head, propping his free hand against his hips.

"Yeah, yeah... Get me an ice cream first." She plopped back onto the couch, crossing her arms.

"Meow." (Y/n) sang.

"That's not what you promised, Nayuta." Denji's eyebrows pierced.

"I'll do it - I'll do it. After an ice cream break." She smiled.

"Grr..." Denji turned into the kitchen, fishing through the freezer. He grabbed a packaged ice cream, stomping his way back to Nayuta. "Here." He passed it to her.