12 | change your mind

Haruka's hand slung around you. You rested your head plainly against against the crook of his neck. You could hear him talk and talk and talk some more, yet there was nothing falling from his lips. You were at school, in the Devil Hunter Club room. Your love was going over important things to Fami and Nobana while he diligently stroked your hair.

Denji's text.
It was the only thing you found yourself thinking about. It filled you with the warmest fantasy. Giggles escaped your lips in class. In your homeroom, you could hear him chuckle, and your phone would vibrate. Not that you could check it anyway, with Chiyo so close by. You would peak back at him, and he grin, and your phone would vibrate once more. You kind of mindlessly followed Haruka around for the rest of the day.

"B-But the third volume of Chainsaw Man Versus Godzilla is great!" Nobana stammered, cupping hus fingers together.

"Great eye, but you're missing out on the Extra plus! Fangshi's power scaling would pulverize Godzilla." Haruka said. You could hear his voice hum from his chest.

"If Chainsaw Man has a constitution 17 on the board then Fang--" Seigi started.
"Hey guys. Leave us." Fami suddenly spoke.

Haruka immediately pulled away from you, nodding as he carried Seigi and Nobana out of the room. Fami's eyes found you, and you were caught like a dear in the headlights. You raised your brows anxiously. You snapped out of your thoughts, sitting up straight under her subjecting gaze. Fami got up from her place across the room, grabebd a chair, and took a seat right before you. Her stare was as blank and cold as an empty sheet of paper, her expression not helping either.

"No more dilly dallying, (y/n)." She said stoic. Her tone was serious, more serious than you had ever heard it before. You felt unnerved, and you fidgeted with your dress. She tilted her head and crossed her arms. "You're joining the Devil Hunter Club." She said.

You looked away, staring down at the floorboards.  How could she just decide something like-- "Do it, or I'll tell everyone." She said.

You darted your eyes toward her.

"No... Not everyone... I'll tell, Haruka." She said. Fami flipped her phone open, showing her a conversation between her and Denji. It was her sending him your number,  and her perstering weird questions about your relationship with him. 

Your soul dropped in your body. "W-What." You whispered. Your face grew pale and frighteningly icey, you wouldn't be suprised if all your color faded from your face. She only tilted her head at you, her earrings hanging in the balance. She almost had  a curious expression on her face, and if you didn't know any better, it looked like she was amused. Ever so slightly.

"You can keep your little relationship... But you're going to have to join the Devil Hunter Club... Then. Then you're going to join the church I'm building... You're an important pawn (y/n)." She leaned back in her chair, propping her feet up on the couch beside your body. You stared at the floor, blinking rapidly. She perked at your expression. "Hey. To sweeten the deal... I'll get you some alone time with that Denji you love so much... No, Haruka... No Chiyo. No Hikari..." She said.

"Why do you want me to join so badly... I won't kill anyone. Or-- I'm not joining a cult." You stammered.

"You don't have a choice. Haruka!" She suddenly shouted.

The door whipped open, and Haruka popped his head in.

You tensed, guilty eyes ghosting over him. "Ah! Okay, okay." You whispered.

She looked at you blankly.

"Come here." She said to Haruka.

You bit your cheek, grabbing more chunks of your dress. "I said I'd do it." You whispered-yelled.

When Haruka got close, you looked at him jumpily. You flickered your eyes frantically between Fami and Haruka.

She wouldn't.

"Haruka. (Y/n)'s joining the club." She said, never pulling her eyes away from you.

A releaved sigh fell from your lips, as Haruka beamed in excitement. "Y/n!" He cheered, smiling ear to ear. He grabbed your hands, squatting down to his knees. "That's amazing! I'm glad you finally came around." He laughed.

You put on a high-strung smile, lacing your hands with his. 

"She'll have to go out and kill a devil, you know the rules, Haruka." Fami said.

"Ah..." He leaned away, pursuing his lips together. He stood up, crossing his arms. "I don't know how I like the idea of my girlfriend fighting a devil all alone." He said.

"She gets no special treatment. Take her to the weapons closet, pick her out something nice-- Actually... I'll accompany her." She said. Fami stood abruptly, she grabs you and carries you off to the closet door.

"Okay. I'll pick out your Club uniform, (y/n)!" Haruka said. He caught up to you two quickly, almost leaping between each step. "Chainsaw Man will appreicate your work, my love."

You jittered out a sigh, fidgeting to Fami for help. "Isn't the uniform just a hat?" You asked.

"I'll get you a nice hat." He smiled stauesque. 

Fami opens the door, and the room was a small closet that was littered with wepaons on the wall. Great and small, they lined the shelves and wracks. It would be an almost concerning amount, if it weren't for the frequent devil attacks that happen around here. Fami steps in and grabs a cross brow and a band of arrows off the wall before you could do anything else. "You'll take Furio's crossbow." She said. She drops it in your hand, helping you to put on the band onto your back. Haruka passes you flashlight.

She pushes you out the closet, and grabs Haruka's sleeve. He looks at her in fond shock. 

"Bring back a dead devil. If you want my help, I'd go to the Hujin District." She said

"What? That place is so rundown." Haruka gasped.

"Trust me, (y/n). You're going to want to go to the Hujin District." She smiled. Your jaw fell slack. She can show emotion?

"You've got this, my love." Haruka flipped his bang with his fingers. 

You nodded, and walked down the steps and out of the school. It was deep into the evening now, the sun was dusking over the land, and the world was welcoming up to the nightlife of the city. You stepped down streets, stopping occassionally to peak into stores when you past by. It was visually noticeable when you finally walked into the Hunjin district. Things were starting to slow down, there were more slapped together homes that experienced the worst from devil attacks. The homes got more and more spread out now, as there was a bridge that led to a decent elementary school and a park right nearby it. The district was dimly lit, and the night was suprisingly quiet. You pull out Haruka's flaslight, lighting the darkened areas of the pavement.

Your mind began to wonder. What did Fami have planned? Why did she need knew you to join that stupid group? How did she notice anything between you and Denji? She was never around you.

Better yet, you had a different question. Just how where you going to find and kill a devil? 

They'd hang around a residential area wouldn't they? You pointed your flashlight towards a nearby apartment building. 'Tatsuki Apartment', a sign flashed from the highest railing. It was shaggy, with a metal slanted roof, the walls were made of brick and there were two flights of apartments stacked on top of eachother, six apartment doors in total. You gulped and pointed your flashlight at the foreboding staircase. 

Maybe you could ask around?

You stepped up the stair case, landing yourself on the second floor. Which door should you--

The doorknob apartment on the far left started to rattle vigorously. Your breath hitched, you turned with a step back. One of the doors flew open, as an eight headed dog jumped out! You screeched with all your might, dropping the flashlight and falling back onto your butt. The barking and the loud, rumbling steps bolted strtaight for you. You screamed more and covered your face,  picking your legs up. Next think, you were being swarmed by fur and legs, and you fel the dog-- no multiple dogs jump and lick to greet you.