14 | remorse, kiss me

"Why don't you come over?"
What you should have said was no. If you did, you wouldn't have been in this predicament.

Denji's lips brushed against yours, and your hands rested against shoulders as you kissed him back, moving deeper into him. His hands crawled up to your waist, and you swayed your head into the rhythm the two of you created. His lips were smoother than the last time. He was still inexperienced, but he was a fast learner. You two weren't even watching the television anymore. It was watching you.

How did this all come to be?

"Why don't cha' come over, (y/n)? I've got leftover curry if you haven't eaten dinner yet..." Denji said bashfully. The three of you were walking back to Denji's house after walking the dogs. Nayuta previously held your kill, and you and denji held the leashed to the dogs. While you walked, your shoulders bumped into his, and you two hummed and smiled. "I can get you a box to put yer' devil in too."

You looked up at him, his merry eyes squinting into a cheesing smile when your eyes met. You started to smile foolishly. "Aah... I don't know..." You looked off.

"Please?" Denji whispered to you. His voice was charming, ebbing in charisma, melting away your defense with its vulnerable, soft, pretty sound. When you were alone, he turned into childish mush. It was contagious.

"Mmh..." You whined, "Fine."

"Woohoo!" He cheered, launching his fist forward. He jumped forward a step in excitement, his huskies barking and jumping with him. You giggled, hopping after him as his doggies sped up.

When you made it to the door, Nayuta was suspiciously quiet. Denji unlocked the door, and the dogs flew in, instantly ramming into one another rowdily. "Hey! You all get ready for bed, you hear?" Denji roared at them as he slipped in, taking off his shoes at the door. You watched Nayuta walk inside next, her steps wobbly, her lips pouty.

Their house was surprisingly very tidy. You slipped off your shoes and placed them on the wrack with the others. The living room was fairly sized, with a small kiddie sized table in the corner that was filled with homework and coloring pages. On the other side of the room was a mountain of boxes next to a TV, a DVD shelf, and a few posters and drawings on the wall.

"You have a lovely home, thank you for inviting me." You smiled.

Denji scratched his head with a blush. "Oh well, you know..." He muttered. Nayuta grabbed his shirt roughly, her hands palming at her eyes. He quietly puts his hands on her shoulder, "Ah. Sorry. Uh, the curry is on the stove still. You can reheat it in the microwave. I gotta take Nayuta and the dogs to bed-- Oh! Don't open the fridge. That's my only rule." Denji said.

"Okay. Thanks." You smiled puzzled. Don't open his fridge? What would he even have in there? He walked off, and the dogs trained after him as he moved down the unseen hallway. You strolled into the small kitchenette that was just behind the wall next to the homework table.

There, on the stove was a pan, where cold curry rice sat inside. Denji was skilled enough not to use a rice cooker? You never thought of him as the cooking type. You rummaged through his drawers until you found a plate and a spoon, and you scoped up a portion not too big or small. You placed it in the microwave, and quiet rang in his house.

You glanced around the cozy space one more time. It was so comfortable in here. You sighed in relaxation, leaning against the countertop with a smile. It was just Denji and Nayuta here, wasn't it? With that many dogs, too, Denji did a great job of looking after everything. On the floor, not too far away were nine dog bowls, each stacked cleanly on top of one another. Did he wash them all out every day?

That was sweet.
You grabbed the empty curry pan, placing it in the sink, and turning the hot water on. He still had his and Nayuta's dinner sitting, and it would be the least you could do after turning up unannounced. You scrubbed the plates. You could easily tell which one was Nayuta's as the familar face of Smile Chainsaw Man Cure (a magical girl chainsawman show) was on the face of it. Denji's plate was painfully plastic and even more painfully plain. It was like he got the cheapest one.