20 | public displays of affection

The homeless people were starting to catch onto his cigarette scam, so it wasn't like he could hustle. Denji was posed up by a brick wall, sauntering forward step by step, his hands were begrudgingly in his pockets, and his jaw was slack. All along the wall were posters strung about of Asa Mitaka's face. She was stealing all his kills and proclaimed her a hero. All she was, a cheap copycat, just like the rest of them.

He tried not to let it make him sad, but it stung so bad.

He wanted the whole world to know, to appreciate him for all the deaths he endured slaughtering devils. With a sigh, he made his way down the block, finding a cozy little bench next to vending machines. He crouched by the vending machine with a sigh. He could go for a bag of chips. It might make him feel better.

He leaned his head against the glass.

"Which one did you want?" That voice - Denji shot up like a race horse, his orange eyes landing on -
"(Y/n)!" He cheered.

There you were, your pretty face bubbling up in fond surpise. You had your devil hunter club hat on and were still in your uniform, just like him. But boy, was your face a breath of fresh air. All that longing, all those emotions, it all came bubbling up faster than he could even feel it.

He grabbed you, and he sunk his lips into you. He held you so tightly so you couldn't ever disappear again. He felt you stutter into the kiss, but it didn't take you any long to melt. Your arms found his favorite place for them to be, slung around his waist. And his arms slung around your neck. Your nose brushed against his cheek and sparked a fervent heat tickled up his body.

He missed you. He missed this.

"Uh." A voice mumbled.

It wasn't a voice he recognized, so he certainly didn't care. You broke for air, and your beautiful eyes peered up into his. His heart stopped, and he cupped your face while he panted, "Where'd you go... Why'd you go..." He whispered.

"Sorry... I'm here now." Your eyes fell back to his lips, staring down at them. Your hands pulled at his hips, forcing his body closer to yours. "I'm fully yours now, denji... no more haruka." You whispered. And a smile erupted from his face.

He pressed his lips into you again, peppering hammering kisses all along your face. You giggled wildly, Music to his ears, and your hands smoothed their way to his chest. He seized the opportunity and grabbed you by the waist. He picked you straight up into the air and spun you about. Your laugh rippled through the air, your hands sinking to grip his pretty shoulders.

"Denji!"
His name sounded so romantic coming out of your lips.

He grinned ear to ear. "You're all mine now!" Denji squealed fangirlishly.

You threw your head back, and a roaring laughter vibrated up from your throat. He pulled you back down into him and hungrily sunk his lips into peppering your cheeks. "Ah! Denji!" You giggled, squinting your eyes close.

"Gonna bite these cheeks off!" He grinned.

"Noo! Don't eat me." You laughed, shivering at the grazing of his pointy teeth.

"Gonna eat you up, (y/n)! You can't stop me." Truth be told, his hold on you was so light, you could breathe hard, and he'd be sent flying. His nibbling teeth poked at your cheeks. As much as he wanted to take a soft bite, his pointy gators would probably break through your skin.