19 | whatever barem commands

The Church was getting big. More and more members flooded in like hot cakes, and all the television appearances gained more students to the club. Weddings were happening every day. Even Seigi and Nobana had theirs. At least they were mildly happy. The women they were given were beautiful, and maybe it all made up for it.

You were currently helping out the catering team, carrying up rice to the cafeteria. Fami and the rude boy - whose name you learned was Sugo- kept you running place to place like a dog. Always giving you more and more tasks, so much so that you kept missing breakfast and dinner. You were so hungry, but you made due with snacks from the vending machine.

Sometimes, it felt like they were punishing you.

"(Y/n)!" Haruka found you fast. Before you could even turn, he grabbed you and pulled you into a tight hug from behind.

"Haruka? Whats--"

"Our ceremony. It's tomorrow." He smiled at you. Your eyes bucked wide. You chuckled nervously, turning and placing one hand on his chest. "I saw us on the schedule!"

"What?" You mumbled.

"Our initiation." He began to caress your face, rimming his hands down your cheeks. "It'll be beautiful... I can't wait to be one with you." He whispered, his eyes lidding.

You tensed, your eyebrows flared up wildly.

Hell no.

"Is that so- A- I think. Fami. I see Fami today... Her and Sugo have..." You stammered, pulling away from him. No, no, this was not what Fami promised you. You were going to have to talk to her, get her to change all of this! No way you'd ever lay with Haruka, let alone marry him - you didn't love him.

Haruka's eyebrows wilted, his face contorting for a second. "What... Are you not happy or something?" He folded his arms, cranning his head.

"It's not that." Your face paled.

"You don't want to intiate with me." He scoffed.

"I didn't say that." You said.

"You don't have to." He looked away. "What's wrong with me, (y/n)? What's so wrong with me that you hate me for it?" He stepped closer. You shook your head vigorously.

"I never said that? You're putting words in my mouth. I care about you Haruka." You said.

"But you don't love me, that's what you said before." He looked you dead in your eyes. "So, is it true? Do you still not love me, even now?" He stepped close, placing his hands on your waist, his lips quivering for a second.

"I--"
"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Little (y/n), you know you are supposed to be working with me today. It's thrusday." A gruff hand grabbed your shoulder and pulled you right out of Haruka's reach. The boy turned his head, folding his arms, betrayal etching on his face. Never once were you happy to see Barem, but right now, you totally were.

"Iseumi?" Barem hummed, his soulless eyes squinted at him. "Looking little blue, bud..." He dragged his eyes up and down Haruka. "Do you need a session with Fami?"

"No. Nothing. I'm fine. I'll see you two around..." He bowed to Barem and turned away sharply.

Barem looked at you with a smile. "Little (y/n)." He nodded.

You smiled tensely.

"One second kid." Barem pulled on his walkie-talkie, "Fami, why don't you pay Haruka a visit... He's a little out of it." He mumured into the device. He smiled softly down at you while he said it and you couldn't help but shiver. "Remind him who he is, please." He didn't even try to make his voice quieter. You could easily still hear him.