27 | shes mine now, isnt she?

He should he sleeping, but how could he.

He should have never known, but he did.

Haruka shivered in the cold as he trudged back to the place where everything started, West High School. He was dressed in his pajamas, too zealous to stop to get dressed. The truth was searing at his skull, and his tongue thristed for what was right. Righteousness kept him standing, even as goosebumps pricked at his arms, and the night air leaked mucus from his nose.

He found himself going to the one person who knew it all.

The Justice Devil.

He knew very well of her. He knew she lived in the school. That she was dangerous, that shouldn't be forgotten. She turned Yuko into that monster. But unlike Yuko, Haruka was smarter, wiser. He wasn't dumb enough to allow himself to be killed. He had a plan that would keep him sane to protect his identity.

His green eyes stared at the grand staircase that led up into the shoe locker, his eyes trained in on the school's foreboding, dark form. His gulp was steady, and his hands trembled.

But boy, was he terrified.

His foot collided with the first step.
His heart burned a little in defeat.

Was he going too far now? He halted on the step. His eyes bent together in anxiety.

He took another step forward.

They were made foreach other if they'd both be such dirty creatures. He deserved someone better than (Y/n) (L/n).

He took a step back.

There was no one better than (Y/n) (L/n).

Haruka climbed up the stairs viciously, not sparing another glance back behind him. He rushed into the shoe locker room and, maybe out of innocent habit, found himself switching into his school shoes. The school creaked and groaned, the natural husk sounds you'd expect from a building, but at night, all alone, knowing that there were devils who lived in here.

It was nerve-wracking.

His eyes narrowed down at his shaking hands.

He wasn't wrong for doing this. Denji deserves to die. He was a nothing waste of space who couldn't even manage good grades. He got into trouble all the time, and the principals had been planning to expell him for a while. He was a thug. He was smelly, and he was perverted. He charged girls to sit on him, so what kind of a guy is that

I'm not a guy who deserves to live.

Worst of all, he corrupted his sweet little (Y/n). Besides, Chainsaw Man would do the same thing if he was in Haruka's shoes, right?

Haruka crept through the hallway, his flash light running over the many classrooms. West High was the largest school in all of Japan. It's so large that many classrooms were simply abandoned. Someone could live in these rooms if they wanted.

Rumors have it, and a powerful Devil sleeps in the catacombs of the school.

A devil that could read minds, a devil that judged the power of one's soul.

Haruka could feel her gaze on his body. He stopped dead in his tracks, desperate to fight how his knees began to buckle and shake. He heard the floorboard creak behind him, and his free hand clapped over his tremoring lips.

This was stupid. This was so stupid. He should have just gone to sleep and confronted her in the morning.

The creaking floorboards got louder closer.

Denji needs to be brought to Justice. He couldn't possibly allow that man to destroy everything he worked for.

A looming presence dawned over his figure.