16 | best cult forever

The flood gate burst open. You were cornered, not just by this stranger, but by the fact you were in a cult. You started wailing, shamefully so, snot dribbled down your face. Your hands pushed the stranger away and strong as you could, but he didn't budge.

You wanted to go home, you wanted to leave. You wanted Denji. Denji would never do this to you. You didn't care how loud you were crying or how ugly it looked. The tears were thick, and you were drowning in it all. The suffocation was nauseating.

All you wanted was Denji.

He would never want such insanity. He would never bring you here. The boy scrunched back in disgust, pulling away from you as if he had the plague. He stayed relatively near, and his gaze barely softened.

"What the he -"
"I don't want to be here! I want to go home!" You yelled vengeful at him, jiving a finger straight at his face. He scrunched back. "Chaisnaw Man would never agree to this - this cult!" You stood up with a start, palming at your face. You lost it, all of your composure fadinf away as you hid your face, sucking gulping breaths, "Denji... Denji..." You whined.

The boy suddenly gasped, standing up to his feet. "Denji?" He asked. "You know him?" It was odd how cheery he sounded, especially after such angered displays. It was now your time to be angry as you swat away from him, folding your arms up.

"Yeah. What's it to you." You spat.

"Excuse me? If anything, I should be saying that to you? You don't know him like how I do." He said. He was so snarky, so repugnant.

Your fists clenched. "Oh yeah? What's his favorite color." You barked.

"Orange." He said.

Ah. It was orange... "What's-- What's his favorite food." You said.

"I don't know that--"

"It's curry! Ha!" You barked.

"No, it's not." He growled.

"It probably is!" You yelled back.

He confidently looked away. Mocking you, the way he shook his head. "Aah. You don't even know him like that... I do." He grinned.

Questions started to build. Now that you thought of it, this was actually really strange. You cocked your head to the side. "Hey, wait... Why do you like him?" You asked.

"You could never understand. That guy is really the coolest." Glittering joy flashed in his eyes. It was a joy you were so familar with. It was that same joy you felt, too. You smiled fondly, your fingers twiddling with your hair.

"He is really special." You giggled thoughtfully. "I go to school with him." You said proudly.

He narrowed his eyes on you. "Well, I... I will go to school with him. Soon." He said.

"Nuh uh."

"Yeah, too!" He barked. "The things I know about Denji would blow your socks off."

"Trust me, buddy. No one knows more about him than I do." You waved him off.

He gritted. "Chicks are so annoying... " His muttered lowly, but loud enough for you to hear. He turned his back to you. You could stab him right now. "Here's your warning. Don't move during the prayer, and find your seat instead of standing like an idiot. A diehard would kill you for the disrespect you pulled." He said.

You really slowly started to sink in. "Oh..." you mumbled painfully.

"What's your name, girl?" He gruffed.

"(L/n), (Y/n)." You mumbled. You looked down at your shoes. "What's yours?" You asked.

"Nah." He said.