25 | roof roof roof!

The day was winding down into a calm, peaceful night. Denji found himself lying down next to the television, aimlessly flipping through channels. His head rested on a husky, the rise and fall comfort to him. Boredom had no touch on him, as his mind was succumbed to cloud nine. He twiddle his toes in his socks, fangirlish giggles falling from his lips. It had only been thirty or so minutes since he last saw her.

He'll have to call her later to check in.

"I finished." Nayuta sang.  His head turned to the hallway where Nayuta stood, her inky black hair dripping in dewlets of water. She had a towel on her shoulders. "Blow dry my hair, Denji." She barked.

Oh, (Y/n), (L/n).
Denji giggled, cupping his face.

You were finally his! And Miri said if he joined the Chufch, you'd be together in union. Which he's pretty sure that means... What does that mean?

"Denji." Nayuta whined, dropping on her knees next to him. Her nose upturns. "Ew... What's that horrible smell." She sniffs his head, the boy giggles again. "No way. You reek of love." Her tongue popped out of her mouth, her hands grabbing fistful of her hair as she reeled away.

Denji's face quirks, his mouth falling open. "Oh yeah." He huffed in annoyance.

"Yeah! It's.. huek- So gross!" She mocking hurls into her palm.

"Is that so? Wait till you smell my belly." He grins.

"Your belly?" Her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah. Give it a sniff." He said.

Gullible, Nayuta bends down, her nostrils twitching as she draws near Denji's chest. With a war cry, the boy lofts up his shirt and traps Nayuta's head inside. She squeals, throwing her hands up into the air. "Ew! It stinks in here!" She cries with a booming laugh, her hands clawing at him.

"Take it in! Take in the love smell!" He barks, thrashing her head about.
She fights her way out, dramatically gasping for air. "I'm gonna-- I'm gonna hurl..." She harks, wrapping her hands around her neck. Nayuta crawls to the bathroom, coughing and wheezing helplessly. "I see the light... The light..." She mumbles.

Denji laughs, throwing his sock off at her. "Dry your own hair while you're at it." His shirt was damp from her wet hair. It clung to his stomach tightly.

"You're mean!" She cried. The door slammed shut.

Denji snickered, scratching his head. The loud dryer turned on within seconds. The dryer itself was cheap because it was, the sound was thunderingly loud. He could barely hear the television when it's on.

He wouldn't be able to hear the doorbell ring so frantically, either.

So when it did, he simply stared at the television, humming a toon. The husky he laid on perked its ears, its head turning to the door with a whine. Denji chirped, picking his head off the little guy he laid on. "You're leaving me too, huh?" He said. The dog got up, sniffing the air about the door. And hurriedly, he ran back into the room with all the sleepy others.

Denji's eyebrows quirked.

He stood up.

There was this quiet sound.

He squinted.

The sound was alarmingly sharp.

Was the doorbell ringing?

Denji walked to the door, scratching his head. The doorbell was ringing, and if he was sure, he thought he heard arguing too. His jaw fell open in disinterest.

He undid the locks.

The doorknob creaked under his palm.

The door flew open, wracking him in the face. With a grunt, he stumbled back, and as soon as his eyes popped open, he saw a fist connect straight into his nose. The pain was startling, startling enough for his tongue to hang out from his open mouth. He staggered back as the sound of (Y/n)'s terrified voice filled his ears.