24 | Who.

There you were at his door. You felt your heart about to explode within your chest. It was unsettling, how enlarged and swollen each beat was. Your hands shook, and you couldn't bring yourself to knock.

Just knock.

You raised your fist up against the hardwood.

You can't.
You want to go home.

Your eyebrows pierce together.
This wasn't about you.

Your fist came crashing into the door as three booming knocks burst out from you. You stood back, wrapping your arms tightly against your body. The air was chilly tonight, the moon clouded, but cresent in shape. It was rising high into the sky, so there was nk telling how late it was. You hoped you didn't wake his parents.

You heard the doorknob creak, and the locks click and clack.

You gripped yourself tighter.

Each second felt like it was drowning in agony.

The door swung open.

Haruka met you. He was wearing his Chainsaw Man pajamas, his hair long and free about his face. It strung downwards in many directions, a middle part running down it. His eyes were barely open, and his face leaned against the door.

He squinted at you. "(Y/n)?" He whispered.

"H-Haruka... Hi. Can I come in." You mumbled, unsure if the quiet words even met his ears.

He blinked a few times, slowly standing upright. He suddenly gasped. Haruka brushed his face harshly against his arm and cleared his throat. He stood upright suavely, scratching the back of his neck. "Yeah, yeah... Come in." He hummed, stepping from the door. You stepped inside, and he shut the door behind you. "You know the way up. I'll... I need to use the bathroom." He stammered, avoiding eye contact with you.

You nodded, but he didn't see it. You walked up the stairs, down the hall, and to his room. The door opened to the familiar space you had seen time and time again. Chainsaw Man bedsheets, Chainsawman Merch lining the walls, Chainsawman rugs. His desk, his television, his beanbags.

You ran your nervous, sweaty hands along your skirt. Where should you sit?

Maybe on the beenbags?
No. You can't tell someone you cheated on them while sitting on a bean bag. It has to be somewhere intimate, something that'll make you sit upright in. Your eyes flickered to the desk next. He had a chair.

That wouldn't be any better. Have him sit on the floor while you tell him that? You need to sit eye to eye.

The door creaked open. The sound was like a death bell. You frantically sat on his bed.

His figure loomed by the door frame, tiredness slipping from his eyes. He stared at you, the dark room making him look unreadable. His eyes fluttered away. "Why are you in the dark." Haruka said. Nervously, you found his eyes. His hand ghosted along the light switch. He asked you such a question, yet never turned them on. He peered up through his eyelids, his handsome face brimming with a coy, sly flare.

"Oh, uh-- I didn't..." You could find the words. He smiled bashfully. The Moonglow wisked in, barely keeping highlighting the room. He didn't turn the lights on. Instead, he walked over to you and sat next to you. The bed dipped for his weight.

You watched his every move, youe eyebows furrowing. He flickered on his lamp instead.

The small light shined a dim, warm glow in the room. The bulb had an orangish tint thanks to his Chainsaw Man covering. "I have your phone. You left it at the Church." He said, but it was nothing more than shy small talk.