9-The Avengers

"Steve?"

I opened my eyes to see grey walls and a few couches, including the one I was on.

"Don't talk, you damaged your voice box, Evangeline."

Tony? I reached up, touching my neck confused. A brace?

"What the hell were you thinking letting it get that bad?!" Steve yelled at me. I wasn't it didn't matter to me.

"I-"
I stopped midway as Tony shushed me.

"Don't tell me you forgot. You can feel it. You could've died!"

He was right. I just didn't care until it was too late. I've been too busy stalking Peter that it never occurred that my energy levels were low. It just didn't matter. Nat was here too, sitting across from Steve.

"You weren't serious about it, right?" Nat asked, glancing at me.

Of course she knew, and of course, she was outing me to Steve.

"Serious about what Natasha"

I glared at her, daring her to keep talking.

"Isn't it obvious?"

Steve looked at me, and the mood in the room changed from anger to sadness.

"You really wanted to die?" He asked. Ugh damnit fucking Nat.

"No," I said, taking the stupid brace off and tossing it on the ground. Nat glared at me.

"I-i mean yes. But fucking seizures and Clint stopped me" I laughed throwing my head back.

Fuck ow. That hurt.

"Ugh, have this conversation another time she has to rest. We're only at 50%"

Tony muttered from the counter of the kitchen. I looked over at him.

"Why am I here, Stark?"

he groaned, not looking at me.

"Friday, please explain to our friend here the importance of her health,"

the robot lady continued to explain what being healthy meant. Like I didn't already know.

"Put the brace on," Tony demanded.

I did what he told me to putting the damned thing back on.

"Let me help," Steve said, coming behind me and moving my hair out of the way.

"Does it really have to be that tight?" I asked, and Tony let out a muffled response as Steve adjusted it.

A wave of fatigue hit me, causing my eyes to roll back in my head as Steve set me down.

"Someone's tired," I heard softly.

Yeah, I was. It was weird I wasn't drugged this time, but it felt like I was. Like something was dragging me into a deep slumber. What me and Steve had was too long ago. We weren't in our 20s anymore. Whatever Nat thought was going to happen wasn't. We almost got married before well- everything. I still wore the ring just around my neck. After all, our love was dead. I thought he died until a few years ago when I saw Captain America.