10-Escape

When I woke up everything in the tower was dark. I must've dozed for hours. Steve was asleep on the couch next to me and everyone else was gone. Tony Stark was going to be the death of me. My watch was replaced with a hologram unit courtesy of him. I pressed the button reading 90% seems even he couldn't get the last 10. It's been stuck at 90 since Hydra. I sat up, taking the neck brace off and getting up. I was going to get out of here. I had no shoes so I'd just have to fly somewhere. I couldn't go back to Liz and I couldn't stay here either. So I guess I was going back to New York, maybe get a motel room? I left Steve alone in the living room walking out the closest door I could find. I'd thank the Avengers for the rescue but that's as far as my loyalties lied. I walked out on Steve on Nat. It was hard but I knew it had to happen. I couldn't live in the past. More like I couldn't face it.

"You know you're a fugitive right?" Nat asked, sitting outside at a picnic table.

"Yeah, so are you," I echoed to her.

She wasn't going to stop me. She came to say goodbye. One problem Steve was going to be pissed off when he finds out I'm gone. After thinking I'm dead this would be nothing.

"You know how to find me just think about it" I said looking at her.

If she thought about it long and hard she would remember. After all she was my older sister. With that I left flying into the clouds. I really hoped everything would be fine with her. I think some part of me also hopes Steve and I will be ok. Good news: the Stark Tower was already in New York. I just had to get to Queens without being spotted. Why was I even going to Peter? I couldn't complete this mission. I already failed it. Instead of doing something for no real reason I landed in an alley. It wasn't far from Queens but just out of the way that I wouldn't be seen. I needed a new suit but that wasn't on my list of priorities. Walking the still crowded streets of New York I found a few strangers who left their wallets where I could reach them. Scrounging up any dollar bills, I took them to the nearest hotel. I'm glad that one guy had a hundred in his pocket.

"Welcome what type of room would you like?" the sweet front desk lady named Sarah asked me.

"Just a single please" she nodded typing in the information.

"Whose name should I put it under?" It's like she knew I'd be using an alias.

"Jenny Taylor" I muttered, handing her the loose cash.

She smiled awkwardly before taking it all.

"Oh and keep the change" I said, taking the key from her hand and going to find room 201.

A/n: I probably won't post before Valentines day so happy Valentines day if you celebrate it. Also I know this is short but I couldn't find a good spot to end this chapter so deal with it. Jk love y'all!