11-Homie

Honestly it was nice living on my own and making my own choices. It's been a few weeks since I left as far as I knew nobody caught on to where I was. I had a routine of getting coffee at a local Cafe and every once in a while I'd make dinner in the apartment I rented. The hotel room was too small and if I'm honest it had a smell to it. Unfortunately having an apartment did have a downside. It made me easier to track although the word on the street was that I had fled the country. I dyed my hair blonde in hope it would make me less recognizable.

"Your usual Jenny?" The barista named Michelle asked.

"Um, actually no, why don't you surprise me"

she nodded, writing it down in the computer. I handed her a 10 and went to find a seat.

"Where'd you get all that cash? Are you a dancer?"

A man who looked to be in his 30's sat down next to me. I chuckled looking down at my phone. Feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"Not quite"

although that wasn't entirely the truth. A few years back on a mission I had to pose as a dancer so in a way I had experience with the industry.

"They know Loughty" he whispered in a way that made my stomach turn.

"Who the hell are you?"

I looked around the small shop looking at who was in the building. A man in a ball cap wearing sunglasses sat by himself and a woman wearing a suit sat on her computer staring at me. I looked outside, noting the black car which was indeed too fancy to be here. Shit. My brain immediately looked for a way out as the man left my table. That's when my phone started ringing. No caller Id

"Hello who is it?" I waited for a response.

"It's Steve Natasha gave me-"

"look now's not the best time"

I went to hang up but instead heard Steve's words.

"You're surrounded, I can help"

Damnit. I groaned looking up to see if he was in a building.

"What do I do?" I asked desperately.

"Duck" he muttered.

I threw my body under the table as something flew towards me.