Bleeding Like Hell - 063

Gareth had run off to deal with the shots which kept coming in, faster, and more fearful. The way they got louder, proved that more people were joining in. There was a smell of smoke too, but nobody in the room knew where it was coming from. At that point, Brooks would rather die in a fire than eat her leg. The rest of the men in the room with Brooks, Glenn, Daryl, Rick and Bob all got distracted, like they weren't ready for this. The two men dealing with the throat slitting got to distracted to claim Glenn's life... But, Twitchy was still watching that goddamn oven.

Brooks' head was hung low. She didn't focus on anything that was going on in the room, because she was just watching her leg bleed all over itself. She didn't know it, but Rick was staring at her wound pumping out blood, which was what fuelled him to escape. His bounds were the loosest, and so he managed to slip them first and kill the two men with their own weapons. Zero hesitation.

"Hey!" Twitchy yelled, running over to Rick.

"He's mine!" Daryl shouted, through his gag.

Brooks looked up, and noticed Rick and Twitchy's fight. Twitchy was big, but Rick was better. He took him down with ease, swiping out his feet and clocking his head in. Twitchy was disorientated on the ground, but Rick didn't finish him off. He ran back, and quickly freed Daryl's hands, before Rick sprinted over to a weak Brooks.

He wrapped his left arm around the back of her thighs, and lifted her up slightly so that it took pressure off her hands. She groaned at her leg's movements, but she'd just experienced worse pain, so she was okay. He was pulling at her cuffs with his left hand, but she wouldn't be freed without a key. "I need a key!" Rick shouted over.

Daryl was just finished freeing Glenn and Bob, and headed over to Twitchy. He grabbed his shirt, and pulled him up a bit. "Where's the goddamn key?" He spat. When the man didn't respond, Daryl grabbed Twitchy's knife, and pressed it into his neck. "Where's the key!" He yelled.

"P-pocket." Twitchy stuttered out, reaching for his breast pocket. Glenn pulled it out and ran over. While Daryl pocketed the knife and pulled back his fist, before he just began beating the man. Over and over, he punched the man in the face repeatedly. He didn't take a breath, he didn't take a second to shake out his fist. He just punched and punched, until the man was dead... With an unrecognisable face and a brain injury so bad he wouldn't even turn into a walker.

While Rick held Brooks up, Glenn reached up, and unpicked her locks. She immediately fell limp in Rick's arms, but he held her, either way. "I'll take her, you get us out of here." Glenn said, taking Brooks off of Rick, and holding her bridal style.

"I can wa-walk." She insisted, leaning her head on Glenn's chest as Bob came over. He used his gag to wrap around her injury, in a weak attempt to stop her from bleeding out. Of course Bob had to tie it agonisingly tight, making her squirm in Glenn's arms and scream out, but she tried to hold back as best she could. Brooks was pale, cold and clammy, and her leg was bruising even though it shouldn't of been. It was kind of hard to see with all the blood, but it was there.

"Like hell." Glenn responded, holding her tighter as the group united with Daryl who instantly cupped Brooks' cheeks.

"You alrigh', Brookie?" Daryl asked.

"Mhm." She smiled, reaching up a hand to hold onto his wrist. "Peachy."

Daryl grinned, before looking to Glenn. "Let me take 'er."

"No, you're a better fighter than me. Just lead us outta here." Glenn replied. Daryl pursed his lips, but begrudgingly nodded, knowing it was safer this way. Before he took a step to leave though, he lowered his head and pressed his lips on Brooks' forehead. His eyes shut, glad to finally have her back. Eventually though, he had to let go, so patting her cheek, and giving her a comforting and forced smile, he followed Rick.