Can't Hide The Truth - 069

And, the gun went off.
Her body fell to the ground.

Brooks watched as Dawn's body hit the ground, blood splatter coating the walls. Beth stepped back in shock, it was a good thing Brooks had seen Dawn's excited trigger finger. Three police officers raised their guns, but before they could even aim, their bodies had hit the ground, and Brooks was glaring at the rest of the officers. 

"Anyone else?" She yelled out, stepping forward. "No, seriously, I got a shit tone more bullets, and I'd just love to get the opportunity to put them in you naive assholes!" She shouted out, but it was silence. Everyone stared at her, some in admiration, some in fear. "Right, this is how this gonna work. Me 'n' my people are gonna walk outta here, none of y'all are gonna raise your weapons, cause if you do, I'ma come back in 'ere and kill every single one of y'all... We clear?" Brooks asked, but the room remained quiet. She waved her gun around, getting more attention to it. "Look at your dead friends, and tell me if we're clear!" Her voice was raised, angry.

"We're clear." Came from everyone, not in sync, it was messy, scared and shaken... But, it was there.

Brooks wet her lips, and nodded. "Alrigh', then." Nobody turned their backs on each other, Brooks' group backed away... After Brooks stole Dawn's gun, and they made their way out of the hospital.

They all ran down the stairs in silence, and out into the carpark where they saw the rest of their people. Brooks smiled as she watched Beth and Maggie. "Maggie!" Beth screamed.

"Beth!" Maggie shouted, and the two sisters ran to each other, hugging one another tightly as they cried into each other.

Brooks smiled, watching the sight, but was distracted when Rick grabbed her shoulder and forced her to look up at him. "What was that?" He asked, his voice angry and demanding.

"What was what?" Brooks asked, handing Dawn's gun to Daryl.

"You aren't the leader of this group, Brooks." Rick stated, anger flaring in his chest.

She let out a cocky laugh. "Yea, and last time I checked, neither are you. You were gonna let Dawn take that Noah boy."

"I am now." Rick stated boldly. "Next time you undermine me like that? There'll be consequences. You're in this group, you follow my orders - you still remember that, don't you, Brooks? Or you gonna pack your stuff and run away in the middle of the night again?"

Wetting her lips, Brooks nodded. "Aye, aye, captain." Her voice came out bitter and sarcastic, before she walked away from him and towards Sophia and Carl who were nervously watching her conversation with Rick.

/----------\

Brooks found out Bob was dead. He was bitten on the supply run, before their 'final meal' sort of thing. Then the cannibals ate some of him, but they were slaughtered in the church before they showed any signs of turning, so that remained a mystery. Brooks was sad for Bob, but she didn't shed a tear. Sure, she'd known him for about a year or so, but death was just a part of daily life now, that was the bit that shook her the most.

The group got out of Atlanta, as quickly as possible. Brooks didn't speak to anyone. She was thinking about how easily she shot and killed those four people without hesitation. It meant saving Beth, and a boy she didn't even know, so she did it. She killed for Noah, simply because he was with her group, she didn't even know him, and she didn't care too.

83 walkers.
15 people.

Since she left the prison, she'd shot fourteen people. It was becoming increasingly easy, and that scared her... But, also it didn't. Brooks was glad she could protect her people now, that she could kill for them. However, she didn't want to lose that last bit of humanity she had, because now they had Eugene, and Eugene could fix everything.