Fight For Alexandria - 085

It took them the whole day to make it back to Alexandria, when they were on the final stretch of road, they heard an engine behind them. The lights of a car flashed twice, so they knew it was Daryl. He claimed they needed a signal so that they knew it was the good guys approaching in cars and not people that they didn't know... Yea, he was really the only person to use this signal, or to care for its reasoning.

The sky was dark, the sun having fallen a few hours ago. There were only a few stars out that night, dark clouds blocking most of them, and the moon. Yet, it still managed to be warm so Merle had his jacket back, Brooks threatening to leave it behind if he didn't take it. Considering they spent most the day just walking home, the three actually had a lot of fun. Cam and Merle went down the Sandra Bullock rabbit hole again, Brooks educated them on photosynthesis, it was an overall great day.

When the truck got closer, they saw Daryl driving, Sasha in the middle and Abraham over by the other window. "Hell took you guys so long to get back 'ere?" Merle asked, eyeing the blood on his little brother's arm.

"Was kidnapped." Daryl shrugged.

"Oh." Brooks nodded. "We were shot at."

"That why you smell like death?" Abraham asked, able to smell them despite his distance.

Cam chuckled. "No, that would be the sewers we walked through for several hours."

Merle looked to Daryl. "Hey, did you know Sandra Bullock had a Golden Globe? Cam said she got one, year world went to shit."

Daryl's eyebrows furrowed. "Why the hell would I know if Sandra Bullock got a Golden Globe?"

"I-" Merle started, but cut himself off. "You hater."

Daryl scoffed, shaking his head. "Three of ya get in the back, ya stink like shit."

"No worse than you usually do." Brooks commented, making him flip the three of them off as they headed to get into the back of the truck, where they spotted several weapons... Including a grenade launcher. "What the hell have they been up too?"

Cam shrugged. "I learnt to stop asking."

/----------\

When they got to the outside of Alexandria, the gates were closed. There were walkers swarming, going towards this large hole in the fence where the church just outside the walls had fallen through. They could hear the groaning, there had to be thousands in there. "Must be our half the herd." Daryl pointed out.

"Looks like both our halves." Cam added.

"Let's go up, see what we can see." Sasha said, nodding to Abraham.

Daryl grunted, putting his hand on Brooks' head. "Stay with the truck, Brookie. Stay inside, alrigh'? I taught you to drive, this gets messy? You go to the rendezvous point and wait there, okay?"

"I ain't leavin' no matter, but I'll wait 'ere." Brooks agreed, pulling Hershel's gun from her belt.

Clenching his jaw but nodding, he took off with Merle, Sasha and Abraham went off together, and Cam stayed back with Brooks. "You think they're alright in there?" He asked.

"Course." Brooks scoffed. "They're all safely in houses, and just waitin' for rescue. No need to worry. Everyone's just fine." She didn't know whether she was assuring Cam, herself, or both of them... She didn't even know if she believed herself, but if she didn't, she'd break there and then. They hadn't lost anyone since Noah, and that was hard enough, she refused to lose anyone else.

"Yea." Cam agreed, nodding. "Rick's good, he'd have gotten everyone safe."

Biting her bottom lip, Brooks hummed. "Mhm."