The Party

Summary: A lone wolf appears... You feel out of place next to Baekjin.

***

The first thing Baekjin did, upon arriving at the party was look for the host. Chul Woo was one of the lesser-known lackeys that worked directly under Wolf Keum. He wasn't as smart as Jared nor as strong as Hwangmo, but he had money, much like Philip Kim. Unlike Philip, though, Chul didn't have a talent for networking, but at least he could throw a punch. Which, if Baekjin was being honest, was a better quality in a subordinate of his level. He was the perfect tool for Wolf to use. Baekjin didn't have any opinions about Chul Woo beyond that, but as the leader, Baekjin needed to acknowledge the host of the party that was linked with the Yeongdeungpo Union name.

The party was surprisingly grand. Sure, it was loud and rowdy already, but whoever planned it had done a great job. There was a live DJ, enough food, more than enough drinks, and other means of entertainment, in the large penthouse that belonged to the Woo family.

As he walked through the crowds, heading towards the balcony, where he had heard was the last place Chul was at, Baekjin looked around, taking in the obvious signs of the Woo family's wealth. He tried to not let it get to him the fact that someone like Chul, who had wealth at his disposal, was running around with them, following some violent dog's orders because he couldn't be bothered to try. Just try and make a name for himself. What Baekjin could have done with this type of money... he could have focused solely in school, lived without knowing hunger, without experiencing desperation. He could have been normal. Well, as normal as someone with this amount of money could be.

"Baekjin Na," Wolf Keum greeted in a loud voice. He was already drunk enough that he needed Hwangmo Ju to hold him up and away from the railing of the balcony. He was laughing at something only he seemed to find funny.

Hwangmo Ju looked just about done with Wolf, but he still stayed at his side. Probably too worried at what his leader would do if let loose in his current state of inebriation. He gave Baekjin a strained smile that bordered on a cry for help.

Chul Woo and Hayden Ma were sitting on a small table to the side, prepping a few lines of coke. By the look on their faces, Baekjin could guess that this was not the first time they had done the drug that night. They didn't even notice him.

Fucking junkies.

He was regretting even bothering to come greet Chul first. He should have done what he really wished to do when he first arrived. Which was to follow you to the food, like Jack and Jimmy had done. You three were probably having a great time with the chocolate fountain he saw you pointing out, excitedly.

"What brings you here? I thought..." Wolf looked confused when he shook the bottle of soju in his hand and found it empty. "Who the fuck drank my soju?" he was already making a fist after tossing the bottle onto the ground. It joined several other shattered bottles on the floor of the balcony.

"You did, Wolf," Hwangmo said, "why don't we go inside and get you some water."

"I ain't done," Wolf said, refusing to budge. And as if he never interrupted himself, he continued talking to Baekjin, "you said you couldn't come."

It's true. Baekjin had plans on working on a new problem to submit to the publishers tonight, but instead he decided to come here simply because he learned that you would be coming as well. They didn't need to know that, though.

"Changed my mind," Baekjin stated.

Wolf grinned, "heard it was gonna be a wild party, huh? Can you believe Jerry boy set it up? Chul just paid for everything, but Jerry made the calls."