Years Later

Summary: You prepare to walk graduation.

***

Transferring to a new school at the end of the second term in your freshman year had not been easy. Your grades did suffer a bit as a result, but you were able to pull through. You made new friends, got a new soul-crush job in retail to support yourself, and you even got a new boyfriend.

Your boyfriend Dan, well, ex-boyfriend now, was just a big lovable goof, who was everything that your first boyfriend wasn't. He was also a cheating bastard. Thus, he now carried the ex-boyfriend title.

Your life wasn't completely free of drama like you thought it'd be once you moved to Mapo, but it was considerably normal compared to dating a gangster and getting jumped in the girl's bathroom by one of his groupies. The most exciting thing that you experienced in Mapo was walking into the student council club room and seeing your boyfriend Dan... ex, balls deep in some whore from the glee club. Yes, fucking glee club. You made sure to beat both of them with whatever was in your reach. Did you break the girl's nose with a textbook? You sure did. Did you concuss Dan when you threw a chair at him? Yes. Did he still call you and beg for forgiveness? He did, and you laughed every time.

You got suspended for two days and the girl and Dan got expelled for getting caught doing the deed on school property. You weren't that mad about having this on your permanent record. You knew you could talk about it in your personal essay for your university of choice. You could spin it to make you look favorable, you were sure.

Throughout the years you spent in high school, you lost contact with most of your old friends little by little. It was a natural result, as you never visited, mainly because you were busy with school and work. The only exception was Jack, who kept you updated on what was happening back in Yeongdeungpo.

Jack and Jimmy started dating in secret shortly after Baekjin disappeared. The two talked about their relationship and what they wanted before they made it official, although they had to keep it secret as Jimmy was afraid his grandmother would not accept it. Thankfully, Jimmy's mother, sister, and aunt found out and were accepting and supportive of the two, which had been a pleasant surprise to Jimmy. Mark had been supportive from the very start, so Jack didn't need to hide it from him.

Jack started apprenticing with Mark once he left the Union at the start of the third year and he planned on being a full-time mechanic once he was out of school. He still occasionally helped out if needed, but most of the tasks that he and Jimmy did were passed down to the new "school heads" who would be taking over now that Jimmy and Jack were graduating.

Jimmy had caught the attention of some promoter when he had participated in a match for some quick cash. Now, he was signing a contract and would debut as an MMA fighter as soon as he got his high school diploma. The money he was going to start earning would replace his income from the Union, although he admitted that it wasn't as much as he used to get when Baekjin was running the gang. Kingsley was a bit stricter about distributing funds and it wasn't received well with senior members who had gotten used to Baekjin's allowance for social gatherings. As Jimmy and Jack were passing their positions on to their successors, they didn't really care, as they were not going to stick around.

Yoon-ah had remained with the Union, despite her weird issues with Kingsley. The two started dating sometime after you left, and you two lost contact around then. While you liked her friendship, you didn't want to be involved with that world. And as you heard from Jack, Yoon-ah had created a whole system of hostesses to help assist the Union. The girls would sit and drink with some of the Union's business partners, and even sleep with them if necessary. It was basically prostitution. While you didn't have anything against sex workers, a lot of these girls were still in high school. There was nothing legal or safe about what was going on.