Mensiversary

Summary: A month of dating...

***

Before you even realized it, you and Baekjin were already approaching the very first milestone in the relationship. The one month mark.

Yoon-ah said it was a big deal. You didn't think it was, because Baekjin hadn't mentioned it at all. When you asked Jack and Jimmy, they just made faces like the idea of celebrating how many months was stupid shit. Actually, Jimmy said it was stupid shit only girls cared about. You didn't think he was wrong, you just didn't know if you should have laughed as much as you did when he said that. Maybe you needed to step up your game as a girlfriend and... make a big deal out of it.

Who knows, maybe Baekjin was looking forward to that and he was just waiting for you to say something first.

-

You: got any plans for tonight?

Baekjin: aren't we going to that venue to see that band Yoon-ah recommended?

You: okay

You: figured we were doing something different tonight, considering

Baekjin: ?

You: nvm

-

He didn't even remember! You didn't know why it upset you so much.

*

"Kingsley," Baekjin called out.

Kingsley had been getting the conference room ready for the school heads meeting Baekjin had scheduled when Baekjin walked in.

He was being extra cautious as there was new contracts coming in and he needed to make sure everyone was up to the task. Yoosun had been going through a rough time since Jimmy Bae's idiotic deal with Philip Kim that made the Union look weak. And Hyeongshin was joining them, as their leader failed to suppress Eunjang after a long harassment campaign. Forrest Lee had the right idea, but he lacked the leadership skills to pull it off in the end and ultimately faced defeat.

And judging by Wolf Keum's personality, Kingsley would bet good money on him fucking up soon and losing the favor he had been given by Baekjin for being such a loyal little dog. Honestly, Jake Ji was the only one Kingsley had any faith in and that was mostly because he owed Baekjin too great a debt. He couldn't disappoint Baekjin, not after what the Union did for him.

It would be troublesome if the other school head's shortcomings got in the way of working with the new companies. They couldn't risk their reputation now because of some nobodies from Eunjang.

Thus, the meeting. Baekjin wanted to make sure that nothing could go wrong during this time.

Although Kingsley knew he was concerned, he had no idea why Baekjin was here early. He was usually the last one to arrive at these meetings.

"Yes?" Kingsley asked, placing the paperwork Baekjin had him prepare beforehand on the table.

"Uh... I have a question," Baekjin said.

Well, obviously he did, but Kingsley couldn't understand why he'd announce it. It wasn't how he usually talked.

"What is it?" Kingsley asked.

He was hoping to get this over with soon, so that he could pick up the coffee orders for the meeting. The school heads had already texted him their orders, and Wolf, as usual, demanded the most elaborate drink that took too long to order. Kingsley had never seen Wolf touch it, though. He had caught Wolf giving it to Hwangmo last time, so it was obvious the purple-haired asshole was making him pick up coffee for his second in command. He knew for a fact that Wolf only drank his coffee black. Hwangmo had told him as much when he asked once.