1

" I CAN'T FIND MY EYELINER! "

" I CAN'T FIND MY EYELINER! ".  I scream, frantically rummaging through the drawers looking for any sign of a black bottle as though my life depended on it. At that moment, the bedroom door creaks open as my older sister stands in the doorway,  brushing the remaining tangles out of her hair .

"You can borrow mine Carli ". She casually tosses the thin purple bottle on to the bed sheets before disappearing back to her own room . I quickly snatch it in an effort to speed up things. There wasn't much time left and we needed to finish getting ready as soon as possible.

My best friend Cyrine finally decided to get married after postponing the idea of getting into a relationship for years on end. It was only three years ago since she had met the love of her life — Wesley Fofana, Chelsea FC's talented French defender.

When she first told me about it I couldn't hold back my feelings of excitement and happiness for her. After all those years of living alone and the struggles that she faced throughout her life she certainly deserved it. Finding someone who would care for her and help her fix all that mess she had to put up with.

" Scarlett, I've got some news for you " she said, a small smile forming on her face.

I raised my eye brows at her making a face.
" What is it now? This better be proper good news or else I don't want to hear it ". I said pretending to be serious.

She threw her head back and laughed.

" Don't worry, it's something really good and exciting too" she smiled at me. She paused for a second.

"Promise you won't get mad at me though?" she said give me the side eye.

" I promise, now please just spit it out."

" Well, Wes and I have gotten married and we decided
to—"

" OH MY GOD! I can't believe my ears, you never told me this. I thought I was your best friend!". I shrieked as I engulfed her into a tight hug, cutting her off before she could complete the rest of her sentence.

" Jheez Carli, relax! I didn't even finish what I was saying".

" I'm really sorry but you know how hyper I get over these things ". I laughed, pulling off her as I sat back down on the couch again.

" Well, as I was saying, Wesley and I are finally married. I'm really sorry for not telling you but we had to keep it a secret because you know how the media like to get involved in everything. So, we decided that we won't be throwing the actual wedding party celebration with guests and everything until afterwards. It'll be in three months time so there isn't any rush. I know how busy you are with work but I was wondering if I invite you and Fern to come would you guys be up for it?" she asked.

" Girl, that ain't even a question! Of course we would come, why on earth wouldn't we! Plus you're my bestie and my sis, I can't say no to you ". I jumped off the couch once again to hug her for a second times as we both burst out laughing.