10

"I CAN'T WEAR THAT! " I whine as Fern pulls out another top

"Fine then. Since you don't want to listen to my suggestions you can figure it out yourself" Fern mutters as she returns the outfit with it's hanger back inside the wardrobe and leaves me to deal with my outfit crisis alone.

It was Monday afternoon. Levi texted me saying that he'd be coming at around four-ish to pick me up. I begged him to tell me where we were going but he refused to give me any details of what we were doing or even a hint of the location. That means I'm just going to have to take it as a surprise then.

Speaking of this, I had returned home that day with Fern after Levi asked me out. She was acting so strangely and it seemed to me as though she already knew about it all. I tried to ask her in different ways, in the hope that she might slip up and make a mistake and reveal something to me but she wouldn't budge. She had definitely played a role in this because let me tell you, she did not look as surprised as I thought she would be when I broke the news. I think I'll just have to wait and see.

In the meantime, I continue rummaging frantically through my wardrobe until I finally set my eyes on a pair of wide black shorts and a white tank top with matching white slides. The heat wave hadn't disappeared since that day at the bridge so the outfit would be more than perfect. And anyways, I wouldn't want to be getting too sweaty.

I finish the last of getting myself ready before giving myself one last look in the mirror, ready to go. I fix my black shoulder bag as a notification goes off on my phone. I go to check it.

i MESSAGE

LEVI 👑

Morning Scarlett
I'm outside btw
Don't keep me waiting

I hurry out of my bedroom, leaving the pool of clothes and mess behind me.

"Fern I'm leaving now, don't forget to close the door"

But just as I'm about to open the door, she calls out to me again.

"Oh and Carli, wait-"

She sprints out of the living room carrying something in her arms. I furrow my brows trying to make out what it is until I realise it was the amor hoodie from Levi.

"Take this, it'll get colder in the evening" she says, giving it to me.

Oh, great.

"Thanks Fern" I mutter.

"Bye Carli, have fun! And use protection please if you have to" she shouts from the living room. I roll my eyes.

Levi was standing outside, leaning against the same and now very familiar, black BMW. I notice that it looks a little cleaner than usual, the black edges and silver rims of the car glinting in the December sun. Usually there's a couple splashes of mud near the wheels or even a few scratches but not anymore.