2

I RETURN to the other side of the hall in which Fern and Sophia were huddled in the corner chatting away with some of Cyrine's friends

"There you are. What took you so long?"my sister asks curiously as I take the empty seat next to her.

I shrug my shoulders. " I dunno. Did I miss anything?" I say trying to change the subject.

" Nah, we were just talking about random sh**t". one of Cyrine's friends replies.

" Girl, don't you dare call Levi that again!" Fern says nudging the brown-haired girl.

I frown. "And who on earth is Levi?" I ask her as my comment earns a few faint gasps from the table.

" How embarrassing is this that my younger sister doesn't even know about the hottest footballer in the whole of Chelsea". Fern rolls her eyes at me. All the girls begin to laugh.

" Are you sure you don't mean Mason Tony Mount?"  I raise an eyebrow at her looking more confused than ever. Only Fern and I knew about the crush I used to have on the young man from Portsmouth.

" No you dummy. He left the club ages ago. The guy I'm talking about now is called Levi, Scarlett. Levi Colwill". She emphasises the name once again.

" Alright for goodness sake. You're the one who watches football non-stop! Not me." I say holding up my hands in defence.

" Anyways, what's so special about him?" I continue talking as the hall grows noisier with the hustle and bustle of the guests.

" He's here actually . Sitting over there in the far corner behind you". Sophia points out to me as I turn around searching for this man.

My heart almost immediately stopped when I realised who she was speaking about. I watch him as he throws his head back laughing at something funny Kai had said to him.

Mr. Good-Looking. Mr. Cheeky Smile. That's who Levi Colwill is.

I guess Fern is right about that.

Before I could say anything, a loud cough coming from the microphone interrupts our flowing conversation. All the guests immediately turn their heads around to face the stage at the top end of the hall.

"Good afternoon everyone. I hope you're all keeping well and enjoying yourselves. I just want to thank you all for attending this special occasion which is so dear to myself and Wesley. " Cyrine says, beaming from ear to ear.

" Yeah, so thank you guys so much. Please enjoy and let the celebration begin! " Wesley shouts, interrupting Cyrine's seemingly well-prepared speech with his French accent thicker than ever.

All of a sudden, the entire hall erupts into screams, whistles, claps and cheers. The music starts to beat loudly with most people racing to the dance floor. Others seemed to prefer remaining seated and of course, those were my kind of people.