9

IT'S MATCHDAY today

IT'S MATCHDAY today. It has been about two weeks since I had last seen Levi. He had texted me a couple of times to check up but other than that we were rather busy with our own lives. Him with his training and football matches. Me with with work and the shopkeeping at Asda. Thankfully the riots had come to an end. London is safer now and pretty much back to it's usual harmonious state.

The only good thing about going back to work was that I get to look forward to seeing Meg and joking around with her for the day. She's literally the only reason I've put up with this job up to this point in my life. I guess I can deal with that. At least I can be glad that today's match is on a Sunday so I don't have to go through the entire tedious and lengthy process of requesting a day off from work.

I have to say I'm so excited for this Chelsea vs Brighton game. It's my second time going to a proper match. The last time I had been to one was the England Euros final and let me tell you, the stress and pain I went through that day? I would never wish it on my worst enemy. Since then, I could hardly manage with watching matches. After all, I was never interested in football unlike my sister Fern. It took me a very long time to understand all these different rules and regulations like taking set pieces, fouls and penalties. You name it. Who knew a game of football would be this intricate?

Anyways, speaking of the match, Fern got us the pink version of the Brighton jersey. I genuinely cannot understand why on Earth she couldn't have just gotten us the standard blue ones. She knows I wear blue all the time and it's my favourite colour. Plus, it looks so much nicer. I know it may sound weird for a girl like me but the reality is, I dislike the colour pink. I genuinely hate that colour except for one exception - dresses. If a dress is pink and it looks nice, then I'd take that. But anything else? No way.

Fern annoys me about it all the time. She always complains that I'm not girly enough and that my attitude and tracksuit addiction is appalling. But I just ignore her. Who cares about being too girly or too tomboyish ? As long as I'm comfy and looking good, that's all what matters to me. Nevertheless, I wasn't in the mood for fighting today so I gave in and decided I'd go along with the idea and wear it.

I paired the jersey with some comfy light blue jeans and white air forces to go for a simple look. Fern opted for a some trackkies with her jersey hidden underneath her hoodie. As soon as we were ready we hopped into the car and Fern drove us both to Stamford Bridge stadium. The match was set to kick off at 2 pm sharp and luckily we didn't live too far away from the stadium which was very handy for us. On the way, I decided to leave Billy and Levi a quick message yet I was doubtful as to whether they would even see it.

i MESSAGE

LEVI 👑

Hey Levi
Omw to the match rn
Just want to wish u good luck in ur match (not)
I hope u man lose
You can't beat the seagulls 💙💙💙