6

MYSELF AND LEVI were sitting very close to one another

MYSELF AND LEVI were sitting very close to one another. It felt rather strange for me because we've only known each other for a week. But nonetheless, I wasn't willing to complain at all. For some reason, Levi decides to turn on the radio as we remain calm and quiet, listening to the news involving the ongoing riots.

" Several councillors, however, spoke of the ongoing fear among members of migrant communities in the wake of the rioting and some of the racist attacks it included ."

" We sincerely apologise for the fuss and  chaos that has been caused by these hooligans in the middle of London. We would like everyone to bear with us as we are trying our utmost best to restore stability to the city and nearby local areas - and that is the most recent news talk coming live and direct from Mr. Rishi Sunak, England's Prime Minister. "

I hear Levi tap the mute button on his phone screen as he turns off the radio altogether with a sigh. He lays back with his arms crossed at the back of his head while looking up at the ceiling.

"I swear this is the first time I've heard this man says somethin' decent bro. Other times all he's doin' is talking rubbish" he mutters.

"Since when did England ever appoint decent people for the government" I scoff.

"Madness" he says as he sits back up again.

"Maybe you could take over as Prime Minister of England" I say giving him a lopsided grin. He shakes his head while giving me an are you ridiculous look

"No chance. I think I'll just stick to football thank you very much"

"Did you always want to be a footballer?"

"Yeah, I grew up around football from a young age so twas' the only thing on my mind really at that time" he implies briefly.

Before he could even ask me anything in return, not that I even wanted him to , I remember my question from earlier.

" By the way, you still didn't tell me why the f**k you are still here? I thought you left the supermarket after you bought them things?" I ask him .

He sniffles a laugh. "You're right though. I did  leave"

"What do you mean you did? You're clearly still here you know" I say in a more demanding tone.

He gives me a lopsided smirk. "Why do you always seem so vexed over my presence?" he asks me. "Other girls are buzzin' to see me and you just seem to hate it so much"

" I don't care about these gyal who are after you" I reply to him through gritted teeth. "And I'm not vexed. I just don't get how you always appear out of nowhere where ever I go" I  continue while fiddling with the sleeve of Levi's hoody.

"I guess it's just fate innit" he chuckles.

This young man is seriously starting to get on my nerves.