8.

One Week Later

"Hold yo head still, Dave." Asia sternly said, laughing when he smacked his lips.

"Yo, you heavy handed." He complained, frowning when she tilted his head to the side.

The couple were in the living room, and Asia sat on the couch while Dave sat on the floor. They watched Power while she braided his hair down, becoming agitated when he wouldn't hold his head the correct way.

"I'm sorry, you the one who asked me to braid yo hair down and when I told you that I'm heavy handed, you said yeen care." She sarcastically replied, shaking her head as she braided a braid down.

"All my thoughts gone be absent." He said, deepening his frown, and she laughed, putting gel on the final section of hair that needed to be braided down.

"You gone look fine when I'm finished and that's all that matters, babe. Pretty hurts." She chuckled, gripping the roots of his hair.

"I ain't Beyoncè, and that's why you tryna get me to wax my eyebrows, too?" He asked, laughing.

"You must don't see that unibrow growin' in when you look in the mirror, Dave?" She asked, laughing as she patted his shoulders when she finished the final braid.

"I see it, and I like it." He chuckled, standing up from the floor, and he kissed her cheek. "Thank you, boo."

"You are so welcome, baby." She chuckled, grabbing his face to kiss him.

"I'm fina go shower." He smiled, walking to the master bedroom.

Asia turned the lights and television off before she made sure everything was locked up, and she went in the bedroom, getting in the bed. She went to Von's contact, waiting until Dave closed the bathroom door and started the shower before FaceTiming him.

"Hey, baby." She smiled, grabbing the Sonic cup off the nightstand, drinking from it.

"Wassup, Ma. You in the bed already?" He smiled, staring at her face, and she nodded her head.

"Yeah. I ain't think you was gone answer cause of yo show. You ain't perform yet?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Hell nah. I took a pill and that bitch beatin' me right now, on O." He replied, laying down in the truck to ease his high.

"You look like you out of it

"You look like you out of it." She sighed, shaking her head in slight disappointment.

Although she knew that it came with the lifestyle of Von being a famous rapper, she hated when he would get drunk or high whenever she wasn't around to make sure he was okay.

"I'm gettin' beat right now, but ima be decent in a minute, Ma." He said, adjusting the O Block chain around his neck.

"Be careful, Dayvon. You know how I feel about you being under the influence when I'm not around." She said, sitting the Sonic cup on the nightstand.