19.

The Next Day

Dave and Von stood in the kitchen, cooking breakfast. Dave took the turkey bacon out of the oven while Von finished garnishing the omelettes that he had made.

While watching Von sprinkle green onions and cheese on top of the omelettes with a focused expression, Dave sighed to himself, leaning against the counter.

"Von?" He called out, getting his attention. Von looked at him with a frown.

"What?" He replied, putting the remaining cheese that was in his hand in his mouth, eating it.

"The kiss—"

"Was just a kiss, Folks. I did that shit fa my bitch." Von interrupted, shrugging his shoulders in disinterest of discussing the events from the previous night.

Dave lowly chuckled, smacking his lips. "I know that, nigga. How you feel? I feel weird." He confessed, sighing.

"Youn think I feel weird? But like I said, I did that shit fa Asia. I ain't gay, bi, none of that goofy ass shit." Von reassured, putting the omelettes on three plates.

"Type shit." Dave agreed, putting a few pieces of bacon on the plates before adding mini hash browns.

"The shit that love will make you do." Von added, shaking his head.

It was true.

He wasn't gay or bisexual, he knew that he was a straight male that would take things no farther than a kiss with the other man just to please his lady, the woman that he deeply loved and yearned to satisfy. 

Asia walked in the kitchen as she adjusted the purse on her shoulder, smiling at her lovers. She walked over to Dave, kissing him before she walked over to Von, kissing him as well.

"Good morning." She smiled, grabbing her plate, wasting no time to eat the breakfast that was on the plate.

The silence in the kitchen made her lowly chuckled, already knowing the reason for the awkward silence.

"Talk." She demanded, sitting the plate on the counter as she looked at Von and Dave.

The men looked at one another, looking away without saying a word, which started to irritated Asia more and more by the second.

"Y'all niggas can't hear? Talk. Right now. What's goin' on?" She asked, folding her arms across her chest.

Finally giving in, Dave heavily sighed as he sat down in the chair. "That shit that happened last night was mad weird, deadass."

"Okay?" She replied, looking in Von's direction to read his body language, and he uncomfortably nodded.

"And me and Von feel weird." Dave added, scratching his braids.

"Did I force it?" She asked, knowingly gaslighting them without them catching on to her tactics.

"No. No. We did it on our own— to make sure you was pleased." Dave stuttered, looking at Von for assistance in the uncomfortable conversation.

"Look, that shit happened in the moment. Ion even wanna talk about that shit. Eat y'all food, man." Von frustratedly sighed, grabbing his plate, and he walked to the bedroom.

"He'll calm down. I'm goin' to the grocery store, babe." She said, placing a soft kiss on Dave's lips.

"Okay, be safe. I love you, mami." He smiled, smacking her ass. She smiled at the stinging sensation as he rubbed it to soothe the pain, and she winked at him.

"I love you, too. Tell Dayvon that I love him and I'll be back." She said, walking out of the house.

Asia walked through the Walmart doors, grabbing a shopping cart. She went to her notes app on her phone, looking at the list that she had made the day before.