𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉

The pair finally reach the cornucopia, grateful to be out of the treacherous woods. Diana runs up to the tributes from two, looking rather angry.

"Why did you let him die? I saw the Fallen Tributes, why was Bruce up there?" She says aggressively, going toe to toe with the fifteen year old girl.

"We were running from something. I didn't exactly have time to grab his hand." Lilith snaps in her face, stepping closer. The blonde wishes Diana would try to kill her. William steps in between the two girls, pushing them apart.

"Let's calm down, okay?" He says, ushering Lilith away from Diana.

Nancy eyes Lilith suspiciously from her seat. "What did you do to him?" The blonde furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"She didn't do anything. He was eaten by a mutt." William interjects.

"What the hell are you implying?" Lilith asks, getting closer.

Nancy scoffs and stands up, crossing her arms over her chest. "I'm not implying anything. Just simply asking what you did to him."

William sighs and runs his hands over his head. "Nancy, she didn't do anything."

"Who knows, you could've been in on it. What a coincidence that you two come back, why not Bruce and one of you." Lilith scoffs at Nancy's outrageous accusation.

"Someone's getting ballsy." Lilith sneers. Jay pulls a startled looking Nancy back, away from Lilith. "Careful. Being all bark and no bite is dangerous."

"Alright, let's stop it okay." Jay says, trying to diffuse the tension. William nods in agreement.

Lilith puts her hands in the air, surrendering. She rolls her eyes and goes into the cornucopia. The blonde kicks her aching feel up on a box. She sighs heavily and rests her head back on the wall. Nancy and Diana go to sleep, but for Lilith sleep eludes her.

Jay starts up a conversation with William. "Do you know why Lilith is so hostile?" William is taken aback by the sudden question.

"Uh, she's just easy to rile up." William says, not really knowing the right answer. "But she means well."

Jay chuckles to himself. "Nancy doesn't like her. Doesn't trust her either."

"I trust her." William says, fully confident in where hes putting his trust. This makes Lilith smile to herself. William fully trusts her, what a shame that there can only be one Victor. Otherwise, Lilith would make sure that she and William get out alive. But, sadly, there is only one winner of each games.

It wasn't easy, but Lilith finally drifts off into a light sleep. Tossing and turning at every small noise. But, rest is rest.

Lilith is woken up by yelling and screaming. She jumps up and grabs her swords tightly. She runs out of the cornucopia to see the willow tree on top of it, engulfed in flames. Her breath gets caught in her throat for a second, getting a hold of herself she looks around and sees the culprits.

The girl from three, the girl from five, and the boy from seven, all standing in the field, watching the flames grow. Lilith is closest to the girl from five, so she immediately goes after her.

With both swords clutched tightly, she sprints after the girl. A couple cannons boom, Lilith tries her best to ignore them, keeping her eye on the prize. The life of a Victor.

The District five tribute surprises her and stops running. She turns around to reveal a weapon of her own, a bow, with an arrow at the ready. Lilith stops in her tracks and stares the girl down.

Lilith starts circling the girl, glaring.

"We thought it was time the pack came out of hibernation." The girl taunts, circling as well. She shoots the arrow at Lilith's feet. It's clear to the blonde that she can't aim.