𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉 𝑺𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈

"He was just being so aggravating!" Lilith groans, dramatically throwing herself on the couch.

"Isn't that what he always does?" Silas comments, finishing dinner.

Lilith gives her brother a look. "Yes, but he was extra annoying tonight."

"Come eat." Silas brings two plates filled with noodles and red sauce to the table. Lilith makes her way to her chair, still annoyed by the night she spent with Finnick. The pair eat their meal in silence.

Afterwards, Lilith decides to turn in for the night. She showers all of the leftover makeup from her face, cleaning her body from her Capitol persona.

She gets into her nightgown and sits in the living room: it's a nice way to unwind after a stressful day. Lilith flips through channels, trying to find something decent to watch. All of it is just news and Capitol propaganda. She finally sees something that catches her eye, it's an interview with Caesar Flickerman.

"I'm very happy being the host of all sorts," Caesar says through the screen, "it gives me purpose."

"You get to know almost all of the Hunger Games tributes that come in, is that correct?" His interviewer questions.

"Yes, I have the pleasure of interviewing all of them."

The interviewer takes a breath, almost as if he was hesitating to ask a question. "How does it feel knowing that all of those children are about to be sent to their deaths?"

Caesar doesn't even get a chance to respond before the interviewer is dragged out of frame. He yells, his voice getting quieter, implying he is being dragged away. Caesar stands and walks towards the camera, then everything goes black. The channel cuts out, static fills the room.

Lilith sits there, shocked. What did she just watch? She has never seen anything like it. She shuts the television off, cutting off the static. Lilith decides to take a walk to calm her mind.

After putting on her robe, she walks out of her apartment. She wanders the halls with her arms crossed over her chest.

She finds herself on the roof of the building. She walks over to the edge and leans on the railing. For a moment the air is peaceful, she could forget about being the confident Victor.

Lilith flinches when she hears the stairwell door shut. She whips her head around, putting her guard back up.

"Who's there?" She calls out.

Finnick appears from around the corner. He throws his arms up, startled by Lilith

"Great." Finnick rolls his eyes in response.

"What are you doing here?" Finnick questions, walking over to the railing.

"What's it to you?" Lilith snaps, crossing her arms over her chest.

"In case you haven't noticed, this is my spot."

Lilith scoffs, "I don't think you're allowed to claim any spot here."

"You would know that, wouldn't you," Finnick mutters under his breath, leaning over the railing.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Lilith sneers.

Finnick sighs out of agitation, "Nothing."

"No, what did you mean by that?"

"I was just saying, since you're so smart, that you would know that."

Lilith scoffs, "What, so you're saying I'm a smartass?"

"Not my words, but yes," Finnick whips his head towards Lilith.

They stand silent for a moment, staring each other in the eye, but neither uttering a word.

"I don't understand why everyone is so fond of you," Lilith breaks the silence.

"You know, I'm actually a good person. You just happen to bring out the worst in me." Finnick looks out at the cityscape.

Lilith sighs, "That's one thing we have in common."

Finnick chuckles at that. He rubs his face in frustration.

"What?" Lilith snaps, throwing her hands up.

"You are not a good person."

Lilith doesn't know how to respond. Is she really a horrible person? She can't be, right? She wouldn't be able to be a Peacekeeper if she wasn't a good person. She helps people every day. How can that make her a bad person?

"I take it I touched a subject that's sensitive?" Finnick asks, amused. "Ouch."

"I hate you." Lilith spits, shoving Finnick. She then storms off, going back to her room.

She leaves Finnick alone, thinking. Had he gone too far? No, she deserves it. Right? He doesn't know. Something about Lilith gets under his skin. Her mere existence is enough to piss him off. She also has him conflicted. It's not her fault that she was raised how she was, just like it's not his fault how he was raised. He just hates how she acts. If he could change almost everything about her maybe he could tolerate her.