𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣'𝕤 𝕎𝕒𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 (1)

You had already anticipated your death

You had already anticipated your death. You've accepted your fate. For the sake of your people, You did what you must to ensure their protection...

Your eyes slowly flutter open, only to be met with pitch darkness. Your body feels rather numb and uncomfortable. Everything felt still and silent. Perhaps this is what death feels like...?

*RATTLE RATTLE SHAKE SHAKE*

Your chain of thoughts came to a halt as you felt some slight movement, accompanied by an unexpected and unfamiliar voice.

"Crap. Better hurry up and find that uniform before someone spots me..." The strange voice said, seemingly talking to themselves. You remained silent, wondering what was happening.

"Am I in the land of the dead...?" You pondered to yourself. After a few moments, a sudden realization occurred in you. You were in some type of box, a coffin to be exact. Due to the fact that your posture felt slightly stiff, as well as the minimal space for movements. So that would indicate you've died, right? Then, why does something feel...off.

"Urgghh!...The lid weighs a ton! Time for...my secret move! Myaa-ha! There!" Suddenly- large, blue flames formed and engulf around you.

"Blue fire...? Have I ended up in the underworld?" Your thoughts were cut short as you unexpectedly fell from the coffin and stumbled on the ground in a rather ungraceful way. Landing on your knees, the palm of your hands acted as some support for your body.

"Ok. Now to grab the goods...Gyaaaaah! What!? You ain't suppose to be awake!" You turn towards the person...or rather, creature? whom the voice belonged. You gazed rather intently. It's the first time you've ever seen such a unique creature. After a few moments, you slowly diverted your eyes from it. Your confused yet curious gaze wandered around the place you're currently in, whilst taking mental notes of your surrounding. You were no longer in Fontaine, that's for sure.

"A talking raccoon cat...?" You finally spoke up, slightly tilting your head in confusion once your [e/c] eyes met with his blue ones.

"How dare you! Just who are you calling raccoon!? I am the Great Grim!" Your statement seemed to have rather offended him. "Tch, whatever. Hey, human! Hurry and gimme your uniform. Otherwise...you're gonna regret it!" The same blue flames from previously quickly appeared behind him before disappearing.

"So, your name is Grim? What more unique situations shall I experience when all I hoped for is rest?" You responded. You glanced down at your body, noticing you wore a black and purple colored robe or gown with gold trimming and accents. A hood was over your head as well. You must admit, it felt comfortable, though you'd rather not question how you had it on you.

"I said I'm not a freaking raccoon!" Grim yelled. You ignored his retort and stood up from the ground, regaining composure as you slightly dust off nonexistent dirt off the robe.