𝔻𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕗𝕤' 𝕄𝕚𝕟𝕖 & 𝔽𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕔 𝔻𝕒𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 (8)

Eventually, as you noticed the light becoming dimmer, you opened your eyes

Eventually, as you noticed the light becoming dimmer, you opened your eyes. All four of your gazes explored the new surroundings.

Deuce was the first to speak up. "So this is the Dwarfs' Mine... Long ago, this mine was flush with magestones." 

"Urgh... Who knows what lurks in there now?" Grim slightly clinged onto your leg.

Ace continued looking around, making a small gasp noise as something seemed to have caught his eye. "Look, I can see a house. Let's see what the people there have to say." He pointed towards the worn out looking cottage. You all approached the cottage with caution.

Deuce knocked on the door and called out. "Hellooo? Is anyone home...? Must be empty. It looks like it's been abandoned." All four of you begrudingly went inside. The interior of the house made you think back to the Ramshakle dorm.

"Bwah! I got a spider web on my face! Ptchoo! Ptchoo!" Grim struggled to remove the web from his muzzle.

"Look how tiny these desks and chairs are. Did children live here? One, two... Seven! It's like a clown car in here." Ace exclaimed.

"When the mine was flourishing, this house must have been a lively place." Deuce muttered.

"Well, this isn't getting us anywhere. If we're gonna find a magestone, it'll be inside the mine. Let's head inside and take a look." Ace went ahead and the three of you followed. Now, all of you were standing infront of the mine's eerie entrance.

"You wanna go inside THERE? It's pitch black!" Grim held both his paws up and a small step away from the mine entrance.

"What, are you scared of the dark? Pathetic." Ace taunted with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Myah!? I'm not scared of anything!" Grim quickly defended himself. "I'm taking the lead. You all follow me!" All of you entered the inside of the Dwarfs' Mine.

"Huh? Hold up!" Deuce abruptly spoke up.

"What now?" Ace placed both hands on his hip.

You noticed what Deuce meant. "There's something there." You quickly alerted.

"Myah!?" Grim jumped in alarm and evident fright.

Two ghosts, similar appearances to the ones in your dorm, although with just different clothings, had appeared. "Hee hee hee hee! Visitors! The first in ten years!"

"Do make yourselves at home... You can stay forever!"

░▒▓▆▅▃▂∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼᵒₒₒᴼᵒₒₒᵒᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙▂▃▅▆▓▒░

"More ghosts!? They're floating around here too!" Ace groaned.

"If we stop to fight, we'll never get anywhere. Let's just keep moving." Deuce advised.

"Sure, but don't act like we voted you team leader. The only reason we're here in the first place is because of that stupid stunt you pulled." Ace slightly glared at the navy blue haired boy.

"Oh? I'm pretty sure this all started because you tried to shrink your window-cleaning punishment!" Deuce retorted with a glare back to the ginger.

"So we're bringing up ancient history now? Then if you wanna get down to brass tacks, this all started when furball attackef me and nearly torched that statue!" Ace contradicted.

"Myah!? Maybe you shouldn'ta made fun of me, then!" Grim hissed.

"Guys! We're in real hot water, remember!? If we don't come back with a magestone by morning, we're all being expelled!" Deuce sternly reminded.

"Yeah, which is why we don't need you ordering the rest of us around. It gets old real fast." Ace grumbled a response.

You had forbid your remaining patience to dwindle and interrupted the fight before it escalated to another unnecessary problem. "All of you, calm down and quiet. Listen... I think I heard a voice just now."

"...iiiivvv... ...oooouuu..."

"Huh!?" Everyone quietly exclaimed in surprising sync.

"Wh-where's that comin' from?" Ace questioned, stepping back a bit.

"...neeevvvaaa... ...iiiivv... ...ooouuu..."

"Sounds like...it's getting closer..." Deuce listened to the incoherent, inhuman noise with a distressed expression.

Suddenly, a large, monster-like being with tattered clothing arised. It had a broken glass bottle, spilling black ink for a head and no single facial features whatsoever. "Stooonesss... Stooonesss aaare miiiiine!"

"Bwah! There it is!" All of you swiftly ran as far away possible from whatever that creature was.

"What was that!?" Deuce yelled a questioned in distraught.

"Myaaah! No one said there'd be monsters! Let's get outta here!" Grim shrieked.

"That thing's super creepy! But didn't it just say something about "stones"!?" Ace pointed out, sweatdropping.

"Wait, what!?" Grim said as his eyes continued to widen.

To everyone's dismay, the monster of the mines soon caught up on their tracks. "Stoooness... ...nevvva give stooonesss...!"

"So there ARE still magestones here!" Deuce's expression became rather optimistic. A glint of hope in his eyes.

"Myaaah... Even as a master sorcerer, I... I don't think I can take that thing down!" Grim shrieked.

"But we need a magestone or we'll get expelled!" Deuce reasoned out. He placed a fist on his chest. "I'm going in!"

"Are you outta your mind!?" Ace cried out.

Before Deuce could fully turn back, you quickly took hold of his wrist. "Deuce, I understand you don't want to get expelled, but this is dangerous and you can't do it alone."

Deuce actually took your words to small consideration. He pondered with a troubled expression before deciding to go and take the risk anyways. "I won't get expelled! No matter what!"

 "I won't get expelled! No matter what!"