𝔻𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕋𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝔸𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 ℂ𝕒𝕞𝕡𝕦𝕤🦁

You began to elaborate the information you've gained so far, as well as intentionally leaving a few details behind

You began to elaborate the information you've gained so far, as well as intentionally leaving a few details behind. After you finished, Riddle gave an understanding hum. "Ah... So the headmage asked you to investigate."

Cater snapped his fingers and grinned. "I knew it. Grim coming by for a get-well visit? That's just plain sus." He remarked.

Riddle crossed his arms. "I must admit that I found the circumstances odd as well. I've had Cater looking into it for me."

"And I found out that all of the victims have been talented players like Riddle and Trey." Cater informed with a rather weary smile.

"To be clear, it wasn't as if I had been pushed, or that I tripped. But I did feel a peculiar sensation, like...my body was moving of its own volition." Riddle closed his eyes, recalling what he felt during that previous event in the stairways.

"The other victims said basically the same thing!" Grim exclaimed.

"I believe we can safely surmise that potential Spelldrive tournament players are being targeted." Riddle stated with a scowl.

"If that is truly the case, it would mean that someone is purposefully causing these accidents to remove other players that they deem as a threat in the tournament, yes?" You proposed, tapping your foot against the checkered floor.

"The whole world will be watching. A good performance can make a player's whole career. It's no surprise that some would resort to underhanded methods to even the odds." Riddle pinched the bridge of his nose, releasing a troubled sigh.

"Sure, but it doesn't make much sense. I meant you'd know if you got pushed off the stairs by a gust of wind magic or somethin', right?" Cater asked, twirling a strand of his hair around his finger.

Riddle gave a firm nod in response. "Certainly. I felt no external force."

"And some of the other victims had accidents in the classroom! How do you explain that?" Cater placed a hand on his hip.

"The culprit can tell us all about it when we capture him. And we intent to help you do that." Riddle declared, seemingly already having made up his mind.

"Myah? YOU'RE gonna help us? What's your angle?" Grim's brows knitted together in suspicion.

"You offend us, sir. One of our housemates was "injured"- why wouldn't we help him find justice?" Cater slightly nudged your arm with his elbow and sent you a wink.

Ace rested his elbow on your shoulder, a noticeable smirk formed on his mouth. "We're all house-buds here. Count us in."

"He's gonna pay for what he did to Trey!" Deuce raised his fists in the air with a determined expression.

"You two seem awfully enthusiastic about this." Riddle raised a brow.

"Ahhh... I get it. You're gunning for that open spot on our team, aren't you?" Cater quickly pointed out.