ℙ𝕒𝕀𝕥 𝕀𝕞𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕖𝕀 & 𝔻𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕔𝕚𝕠𝕊𝕀 𝕍𝕒𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕖𝕀🥀

"This guy's outta his mind!" The delinquent stumbled backwards

"This guy's outta his mind!" The delinquent stumbled backwards. During that battle, Deuce really let his anger out on them, no longer holding back. "Bwah! L-let's get outta here!" The other delinquent cried out. They both dashed away.

"Next time you eat an egg, you better apologize a hundred times, you buncha chumps!" Deuce stomped his foot on the ground. You placed a gentle yet firm hand over his shoulder.

"Deep breaths, Deuce. Calm down." You lightly rubbed circles on his back as he panted and took deep breaths.

The blue-haired male suddenly flinched as he realized his actions. "I did it again, didn't I...?" He ran a hand through his head and gripped his hair. "ARGH! I was dead-set on becoming an honor student this time, too!"

"Huh?" Grim tilted his head.

Cue the backstory. "When I was in middle school, I was pretty wild. I cut school all the time and got in fights. I called my teachers names, hung out with bullies, bleached my hair..." He began to explain with melancholy, clearly ashamed of his past behaviour. "I blasted around tight curves on my Magic Wheel... I'd show off my magic to kids who couldn't use it yet... I was a total punk."

"So you were only a little more annoying than you are now?" Grim blurted. You slightly narrowed your eyes at him, to which he recoiled.

"I always had a feeling you were more than what meets the eye." You softly spoke. 

Deuce kept his head low. "But one night, I saw my mom talking on the phone to my grandma. She was trying to hide from me, but I saw her, and I could tell she was in tears. She was saying how she must have been a horrible mom, and that maybe she never should have tried to raise me by herself." His lips quivered and his brows knitted together. "That had nothin' to do with it! She hadn't done anything wrong. It was all me. When the carriage came to take me to Night Raven College, she was so happy for me. I decided then and there that this time, I wouldn't do anything to make her cry. This time, I'd become an honor student- someone she could be proud of. And I already messed it all up!" His fists trembled. If it had not been for the gloves, you'd see his fingers and knuckles whitening due to how tight he clenched them.

You took a few moments to let his words sink in, carefully choosing the words you wish to say. Finally, you took a deep breath. "It takes long to redeem one's self, and requires immense patience, I should know... Though, you've already improved a great amount. I'm certain that your mother is already proud. Her, and those who know your past can clearly see that you've changed for the better. Her love for you is unchanging and remains great."

Deuce's eyes widened at your words, lifting his head back to look directly at you. His gaze had a sense of admiration, shock, and apprecaition as he gazed into your [e/c] eyes. He unexpectedly wrapped his arms around you and buried his head in your shoulder as tears slowly welled up in the corners of his eyes and threatened to spill. A small gasp escaped your lips. Was this your...first hug?