𝕄𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣🥀

Disclaimer: ginger angst

The discussion in the library was cut short due to the time becoming quite late. Everyone bid good night and parted their separate ways. Well, except Ace and Deuce who requested to return back to your dorm, having not much option, you agreed. Grim was much more reluctant, yet you managed to convince him after a few minutes. They returned back to your dorm, and after you made sure they were all comfortable, you returned back to your room.

As soon as your head hit the pillow, you dozed off. You found yourself shifted in to another odd dream yet again. Looking around, you noticed the scene was taking place in a courtroom, a uniquely designed one as well. "And as for you, Your Majesty... "Your Majesty" indeed! You're not a queen. You're just a fat, pompous, bad-tempered old ty...tyrant..." The young girl had daringly stated to the Queen of Hearts.

"Mmhmmhmmhmm... What were you saying, my dear?" The Queen towered over the young lady from her high throne intimidatingly.

A striped cat suddenly appeared on top of the Queen's head, which she seemingly did not notice, or was much too busy to care. "Well, she simply said you're a fat, pompous, bad-tempered old tyrant!" The cat laughed.

Once she heard those words, the Queen instantly yelled in fury and rage, "OOOOOOOOF with her head!" The young lady gasped and looked around with an uneasy gaze as several cards began to chant whilst swarming the poor girl.

"Oooooooh! You heard what Her Majesty said! Off with her head!"

You felt a cold sweat trickle down your forehead as you sat upright from the covers of your bed. You glanced at the clock to see it was a late hour at night. After some moments of quietly contemplating with yourself, you decided to get a glass of water to calm your running thoughts. Your footsteps and movements were barely audible since you didn't wish to disturb anyone at this time.

Just as you were about to enter the kitchen, you noticed a figure's back turned towards you. They were leaning both hands on the counter, heavily breathing and mumbling to themselves. The moonlight through a window cascaded down their head which revealed orange strands belonging to...Ace. It seems he wasn't aware of your presence yet. You took a step closer, purposely making it a bit louder to inform the ginger of your existence.

Ace's shoulders noticeably flinched as he quickly whipped his head back. His eyes widened once he caught sight of you, standing just a few feet away from him. "Y-Y/n!? What are you-" He cleared his throat. "Why are you still up so late...?" It was clear he was trying to remain composed. Your eyes had already begun adjusting to the slightly dim surroundings, along with the help of the moon's shine. You noticed his rather bloodshot eyes, bags beneath his eyes, unkempt hair, and a few messy strands falling down his weary face.

Your eyes slightly narrowed at the sight. "Is something the matter?" You carefully asked the male.

Ace was hesitant to answer, eyes darting around in such a way that he was trying to find the right words to explain. After a few moments, he sighed heavily. "I'm fine." He replied sharply. It was evident something was troubling him, he couldn't even make eye contact with you as he spoke.