023. "warm embrace"

( warm embrace )

( warm embrace )

- irl

"irl?

as aurora was nearing her spot tucked at the back of the parking lot her eyes landed on a familiar face with outstretched arms and a warm, welcoming face

as aurora was nearing her spot tucked at the back of the parking lot her eyes landed on a familiar face with outstretched arms and a warm, welcoming face. matthew sturniolos.

seeing him caused aurora to run to him drop her bag and hug him tightly. she nuzzled closer into his chest feeling his warm embrace and his comforting presence. she wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him closer to her. while her face was hurried in his chest wanting to feel his warmth, protection, comfort. just him.

matt's arms had snaked around her waist pulling her closer than he'd ever felt her before and the closest he could possibly feel her. while his face was placed in the crook of her neck, his nose brushing her shoulder blade. after witnessing her breakup with jackson all he wanted to do was comfort and make aurora feel safe, with him.

he knew that what aurora needed was someone to reassure her that everything would be fine and to make her feel wanted and loved. matt knew he could to that for her, not just in this moment but for the rest of his life.

aurora couldn't be more thankful for matt in this moment. she may hate him but for some reason the only person she could truly trust with her emotions and to not judge her, just be there for he or when she needed was matt.

this hug made her realise that matt was the solution to all her confusion and built up emotions, everything traced back to matt. he was the reason for her happiness, sadness, anger, guilt and the cause of her feeling safety. all she could possibly want in life was matt and he was there for her when she needed it most. she hugged him tighter and pulled him even closer to her.

they stayed in that position just being with each other in comforting silence, except it wasn't silence at all. this hug held a thousand unspoken words and the solution to years of hatred. it symbolised the amount of pure love they felt for one another and what they truly saw in each other. not hatred or fury or anger just love, the most powerful emotion.

"thank you matt" aurora whispered only loud enough for them to hear, as she lifted her head up to meet his beautiful blue eyes. the eyes that would stare at her from across class and the same eyes that belonged to the person who had been with her through all the ugly, pretty, depressing and gut wrenching experiences. matt was the one who'd seen it all.

a cheeky yet heartwarming smile crept onto matt's face spreading wide across his face before he asked "for what?" he already knew but needed to hear form aurora himself. he need to know if she felt the same about him or if it was all in his head.

"for everything idiot" now a giggle was on both their faces. matt noticed how when aurora laughed her eyes and nose would wrinkle up and cause her to be even cuter and pretty than matt had originally thought, which he didn't think was possible. because in his eyes she would always be the most gorgeous person he'd ever laid eyes on. that was something he was certain about.

their smiles faded away as they stared into each others eyes. aurora took in his eyes and the way his messy brown hair was tousled slightly covering them. matt admired her every inch of her face but landed on her small freckles sprinkled on her face which made her face glow in the sun in a way no other could even measure too.

matt dipped his head in only stopping a few inches from her lips. "i really wanna kiss you rora" the use of the nickname sent chilled downs aurora's spine as well as the touch of his breath on her neck.

this is what she'd been waiting for her entire life yet she just hadn't known. she hadn't known it would be solution to any confusing feeling she had and it would fill the hole in her heart, her longing for matt. the longing that had always been there just never been discovered until this moment.

without hesitation rora smashed her lips onto matt's passionately but gentle. this kiss was what matt and aurora had both needed and experiencing it made them both feel something they've never felt before but it was something that felt so natural to them.

aurora's lips were soft and delicate on matt's. matt kissed her back more passionately wanting— needing her in every way possible. and kissing her would complete that. he deepened the kiss wanting to feel her lips on his for as long as he could.

after a minute they pulled back and just gazed into each others eyes feeling as though the world around didn't exist and the only thing that mattered to them was the other person. aurora felt whole after kissing matt like her life's questions had suddenly dissipated without question. that matt had been the person she'd been looking for her whole life, the person who was in front of her face the whole time.

matt knew what he wanted and what he needed was to be the person that aurora felt safe with. he wanted to care for her and give her everything everyone else hadn't. he wanted to experience moments of love, anger, sadness with her. he was ready to be the boyfriend she needed.

they looked into each others eyes once more feeling as though their entire world had been rocked their whole life but found stability with the most unexpected yet the best person ever. the person they felt safe with. matt and aurora. aurora and matt. just them, that was all they needed in this chaotic world. them.

💌
i have no words for this chapter just that this made me sob in a good way
it finally happened but this is supposed to a slow burn so the 23rd chapter and everything's fine? not on my watch
so don't expect their not to be any problems 😉
i love how i said i was gonna write shorter chaps last chap then proceed to write a thousand word chap for you guys 😘
love you guys and hope you enjoyed the best written chapter
this is also like half spelled checked

also here's the playlist

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1NgxUzABg5rfW5WbXRzROB?si=WzHoMo30Tw--pBFbk7eFYQ

im shit at doing the whole spotify thing but you can just paste that into spotify search bar and it should come up i also think it expires in like a week so it's better to just search the name which is :

only for you

on spotify under the same account as my wattpad so hopefully you can find it
💌