Special Chapter: Status

“Hey, Rue! I thought you won't make it!” The woman with blonde hair said. Her eyes were light blue. She sounds someone from New York because of her accent.

My girlfriend immediately just gave her a smile. She didn't let go of my hand. I was the one who insisted to allow her friends from college and highschool to bond with her.

Knowing my Ichi she will just obey to my whining. She likes spoiling me and I love being spoiled by her. Not just materialistic aspect. She spoils me with her time, affection and assurance.

Na kahit mapunta kami sa kwartong puno ng mga estranghero mananatili siyang naka-tingin sa'kin. Not because she is afraid of me. But she respects me. I know, Ichi is a person and knows how to appreciate beauty. But it never bothers me because it's normal.

“France, thanks for having us.” My girlfriend murmured in courtesy while giving France, I assumed someone from her friends in College.

“Oh, no worries. Gosh, I didn't notice you have a company," Makahulugang ani ni France at nakita ko ang paghagod ng tingin niya mula ulo hanggang paa ko. Na parang hindi siya makapaniwala na ako ang kasama ni Ichi.

“Hi, France. I am Reverence Villafuente, Ilyich Ruelle's girlfriend." I offered my hand she stared at it for a second before shaking it.

“I am Dionne Frances Sy.” She said with a proud grin in her face. I know a bitch when I see one. This kind of bitch is not a bitch I would like to have in my table. She reeks big ego and arrogance. France excused herself and I saw how she spray excessive amount of sanitizer in her hand after our shake hands.

“Constantineee!” Sigaw ng isang babae sa may kabilang dako ng hall.

I was shocked when the woman jumped on Ichi that made her loose hold from my hand to slip away. At dahil sa gulat niyang pagsalo sa babae.

I am jealous type. And this aggressiveness is something I don't like seeing right in my fucking face. Kung hindi lang ako nahihiya kay Ichi ay baka nag-walk out na ako.

“Florence, bitaw.” Galit na ani nito sa babae. The woman immediately obliged. I saw how she pouted. Hindi niya naman bagay. She looked like a half a face and half make-up. Sobrang kapal ng make-up. She is the only eye sore here as of the moment. Hindi nga lang ako sigurado kung siya ang last na eye sore o marami pa sila.

“Florence, this my person and soon to be wife, Atty. Reverence Deil Villafuente.” Ilyich looked at me with gentleness and adoration dancing in her eyes.

The woman gaped at me.

“Ang pretty mo!” She blurted out.

“Thanks.” I replied shortly. I don't have time for her.

I even insisted that we should consider this reunion.

Pero parang ngayon gusto ko na siyang ayain pauwi. We are in the most expensive hotel in the Philippines. Ganun ang mga trip ng taong ito na hindi ko alam kung sadyang mga anak mayaman na normal lang magwaldas ng milyong-milyon kada hinga nila.

I almost spit the drink that I had kanina. Five fucking hundred thousands of dollars for that drink.

Kaya mo na magpagawa ng magarbong bahay sa perang 'yon. And that amount is almost half of my hard earned money. 

Ngayon ko lang naramdaman ang panliliit. Seeing how they live so extravagantly. Kada hinga nila ay ilang bilyong piso ang nalulustay.

And those money were nothing to them. These people around are not just normal people. They are on the top. Gavin Mars is her  friend. Zachary Levi Strauss is also her friend.

All of her friends were smart, rich and came from great roots.  Old money people.

I did live a good life. Almost close to the upperclass. Pero yung akala kong mayaman ay may mas iyayaman pa.

“Is that her girlfriend?” I hear them murmuring. Na parang apektado sila na may karelasyon si Ichi.

“I guess. But she looks so average. I bet her money is not even half of what I payed for my shopping sprees.” She even chuckled.

They are not even discreet with how they talked about me.

“Are you Ruelle's girlfriend?” Her posture screams elegance and sophistication. She is like a woman from 1800's that reeks this kind of power to make me feel so small.

“I am,” I said while trying to give her a smile.

“I am Venice Spencer.” I did took her hand for a handshake.

“Reverence Villafuente.” I smiled and she just nodded.

“I like your girlfriend, romantically.” She said casually while giving me a proud a grin.

“And?” I replied, trying to play dumb. I know she likes Ruelle. Even that girl from earlier likes her. I mean, who wouldn't? My girlfriend is definitely a walking daydream.

“Break up with her. Give her to me.” She said straightforwardly.

“You can ask my girlfriend to do that when she get back here.” I simply give her a wide smile. I can see the anger seeping through her eyes.

Nakita ko naman na nagpaalam na si Ichi sa mga kausap niya at pabalik na pwesto namin.

Her smile immediately turned into childlike smile noong nilingon ako nito at pinuntahan. Halos hindi niya napansin ang babae sa harap ko

“Lovie, I miss you.” She murmured and buried her face in the crook of my neck.

“Don't you love me anymore?” She baby talked to me as if whining for not being acknowledged.

“Jagi, I miss you too.” I replied loud enough for the woman to hear. Putting her to her place is not that bad, is it?

“I love you so much, Love. And it hurts.” She declared loudly.

“Jag, let go muna. Your friend is here.” Ayaw pa nitong umalis sa pagkaka-baon ng mukha sa leeg ko ngunit dahil ayaw niyang magalit ako kaya nag-angat ito ng ulo at mukhang bad mood pa.

“Hi, Ven! Can you leave us alone? I would like my love to myself. Thanks.” Prankang ani nito. Agad naman nagmartsa ang babae paalis.

“What was that?” Takang tanong nito. She is really oblivious sometimes.

“Let's go home na kasiii, Attorney. Uwi na tayo. I rather watch movie with you and cuddle in bed. This is just pure bullshit." Maktol nito dahil kanina pa raw siya nababagot.

“Okay, let's go. Jag, I love you.” I replied while I saw her frozen in her face at namumula.

“Are you okay, Jag?” Tanong ko dito ngunit hindi naman ito umimik at namumula pa rin.

“You will be the death of me. Simpleng ‘I love you,’ tumitiklop ako sa'yo. But I love it because it's you, love.” She whispered before kissing me softly.

(Italics since this is a memory from the past of their relationship four years ago. One of the reasons why Reverence felt that way.)