Kabanata 54: Ataraxia

I was once lost in someone else's eyes but in your orbs, I was found. - Atty. Reverence Deil Villafuente

***

I woke up in an empty bed. I am tangled in white sheets. I was about to be upset to her for leaving me in an empty bed. But I melted into puddle when I crane my neck to only find flowers sitting on top of my side table.

Now, I find myself smiling like a damn fool after seeing the note.

Hi, Love!

I know that you'll be upset waking up to an empty bed. But I need to prepare breakfast for both of us. If you wake up without me by your side. I am still cooking in our kitchen. I will deliver the yummy food later. Smile na ha? I love you, love.

-Your Jag

***

That's why I cannot lower my standard in love knowing my Ichi is existing and topping all of the possible opportunities to express her love.

Maybe it be her small and thoughtful gestures or her grand and romantic expression of her love for me.

I mean how could I settle less than her treatment? Parang niloloko ko naman ang sarili ko noon.

I went to my bathroom to freshen up and tidy the bed that we slept on. I was on my last step of taking the blankets on the other side.

And at last, my bedroom door open to only see her grinning while holding a tray of food.

"Delivery po for the ever so lovely Atty. Reverence Deil Villafuente." Biro nito habang malawak na may ngiti sa labi habang ang mga mata niya ay nangungusap pa rin.

"Magkano po ba?" Sakay ko sa trip nito ngumisi naman ito sa'kin.

"Mahal po. Kagaya ng pagmamahal ko sa inyo, Ma'am." Biro nito habang may multo pa rin ng galak ang sumasayaw sa mata nito.

"Come here, Jag," I voice out my need to hold her.

Masuyo ang ngiti nito sa'kin. Kumikislap din ang mata niya. Kung datirati ay naiinis ako sa paraan nang pag-angat ng sulok ng labi nito ay ang siya ko namang galak tuwing ngumingiti siya habang tumatagal.

It wasn't love at first sight. Probably hate and like at first fight. I didn't know I would bicker with small details how shit was supposed to.

It is almost brilliant how she managed to piss me off and put me in my best mood right after.

"Good morning, mahal ko." She said while giving me soft kiss to temple and cheeks.

"May kasalanan ka ba?" I try to tease her pero nakita ko ang multo ng pagtataka dito. Her brows were furrowed and her lips were pressed into thin line.

"Luh? Mahal, this is just usual for us. Wala akong kasalanan." Parang batang reklamo nito. I can see her cute pout and still confused face. Such a baby.

"I am kidding." I whispered as I kiss the side of her lips. "I am loving you more, every time." I whispered as I finally captured her lips into soft kiss. She immediately return my lingering kisses but still decided to cut the kiss short and remind me that we still have to eat.