Chapter 16. Korn and Karn.

I sat next to Karn while Pond sat opposite him. Everyone else went and sat behind them at the far end of the room by the kitchen area. I pushed Korn forward gently, so that he was resting his head back down on his arms on the table again in the sleeping position.

Pond placed his hands on Karn's temples and just held them there. His eyes were closed and he looked as if he was meditating. He removed his hands and snapped his fingers. Karn's eyes slowly opened and he began to stir as he began to regain consciousness.

I hugged him, calling out his name, until he suddenly focussed on me. He hugged me tightly and began to cry.

"It's okay Karn. You are safe. So is Korn. He is just resting. What you have just seen did happen, and I will explain everything to you later, but I need you to tell me what the visions of me have been about. You told me about being naked and someone's hands touching me all over my body. That was true. It did happen just as you described. I was wrong not to tell you all about it, as it's not as bad as you thought it was. You said in the washroom that if you told me what else you saw I would have accused you of being drunk, or high on drugs. Can you tell me now, without being frightened again?"

I pulled Karn's tearful face up so that I could look at him. He was still sobbing as he tried to talk to me. He then gulped for air and held it, trying to stop crying and regain his composure. I just sat there with my arm around him, and a hand holding his.

"I know when I have a vision I do not see everything clearly," he began saying in between sobs and catching his breath.  "I cannot always tell who the vision is about. You are right when you say I often associate it with someone if I am concerned about them. When Pang called me to say that your brother's boat had been blown up, and you had nearly drowned. I was shocked and frightened. A few nights before I had a vision of exactly that happening. A jet ski crashed into a yacht in the bay and it suddenly exploded. I had thought about telling someone, but it sounded so ridiculous and so far-fetched, I just thought everyone would laugh at me. That night I had another vision. It was about a boy in the water. He was drowning. I saw two human bodies with fish like tails hold this boy's body and kiss him before they rescued him from the sea. I kept having that dream for the next few days. When I heard more of what happened to you I knew my vision must have been about you. I was going to tell you about it when we were by ourselves after Music Club, but I then had the other dream about a boy being naked and interfered with. I was so convinced it was also you, and I was scared that it was your new friend, Ming, that was doing it. I was frightened for your safety. This is why I was upset and said something straight away."

I hugged him again. "Thank you again, Karn, for caring so much about me. Everything you dreamed about actually happened. It was me that you saw but it was not Ming touching me, it was Pond. Not everything is how you saw it, though, and I can explain everything about when I was drowning and when I was naked. I will tell you the truth. Every single thing that happened."

I looked at Pond to see if he approved of what I had just said. He gave me a warm smile of encouragement and nodded.

I then told Karn that it was Pond and his sister that had saved me and that he was a Merman.

Karn looked at Pond and smiled. He then looked back at me. "I wondered about that. Earlier I thought I was hallucinating and having one of my strange visions. He was sitting opposite me and trying to read my mind but I easily managed to resist him, and then I found I could actually read his. I felt the panic in him rise as he knew I was getting the better of him. I suddenly noticed that he didn't have legs anymore, but a massive great big blue and green fish tail instead. How I saw all the others changed too. They all now had fish tails. Only you and Ming remained the same. I couldn't understand what they wanted of me, I got frightened and was desperate to have Korn with me. Then I felt him grab me and there was a fight and that is all I can remember."