Chapter 43. Good & Best.

There was the sound of another motor scooter entering the grounds heralding the arrival of Kla. Almost immediately the hotel mini bus pulled up outside the side entrance and Pond signalled to us to get in. Kris, the young receptionist, was driving it and gave us all a cheery smile. His smile at Kla was definitely more than being sociable and friendly.

Ming was right. Kris was definitely gay and by all accounts had a penchant for younger boys. Kla, it seemed, was oblivious of the looks and what they were meant, but Ming was not having any of it. He whispered something quietly in Kris's ear which had the immediate and desired effect. I was pleased when Kris went scarlet so easily. At least it was not just me that Ming had that effect on. Kris behaved himself from then on and just drove us to one of the local less busy beaches, nearby.

I could see a boat moored at anchor about 500m offshore, not far from the water's edge, stood two young guys with a motorised rubber dinghy.

"We are going out to the boat, Kla," Pond advised him as we walked across the sand

"We are going out to the boat, Kla," Pond advised him as we walked across the sand. "You trust Karn and Korn, do you not?"

"Yes!" Kla answered, looking up to Karn for reassurance as usual.

"Excellent! Because they trust me, and you will never speak to anyone, other than all of us here today, of what happens, otherwise everything will go back to as it is now. Is that understood?"

Kla simply nodded.

"The boy on the left is Good and the boy on the right is Best," Pond stated as we approached the dinghy. They already know who all of you are."

"Do they know who's Karn and who's Korn?" I cheekily asked, taking more than an interest in the six pack both boys were sporting.

"Yes!" Pond replied, without hesitation. He slapped the back of my head and grinned at me knowing full well what I was looking at. "Best said it was the duplicate with the small chipped tooth that kissed Klaew goodbye. We all know who is who now."

Ming punched me on the arm. "It was as simple as that and you never told me? Some friend you are!"

"You worry me sometimes, you really do," I replied. "If it was that simple, how come you never noticed it? I thought you were supposed to be intelligent. At least Khun Chiang got it straight away without any help. No wonder he is your boss and you are just a mere worker!"