Chapter 47. A Strong Rebuke.

I was resting in our room when Pang called. It was after 7pm. She said that they had just returned back on Campus and she claimed that she had only noticed my text a few moments ago....., and yes! She could meet for a meal in 30 minutes.

I told her I would meet her at our usual roadside place at 8pm and I had something important to tell her. I hoped Ming would be back by then. He had already sent a text saying he was helping Pond tidy up and secure the inner sanctum and would be back between 7:30 to 7:45pm using a taxi bike and Pond was going to be back much later.

The twins had already gone out to eat as Korn was worried about Karn. He too had been very quiet during the final part of the journey back and I knew he needed to talk privately with Korn to get his head round the changes. It had been a massive day for him.

I had already phoned my mother and explained about the information I had asked Ton for. I told her I had possible clients wanting short term lets on city centre properties. She told me to refer all possible clients to the main office for the attention of the Managing Director, Virote Sivaraksa, who would look through the proposals and would make recommendations to us via our family lawyer. She said she was pleased with the possibility that some of the empty properties may now be used.

I also told her more about Kla. I had the feeling that this intrigued her more and I hoped that, once Kla's parents had emailed her his hospital number and given their permission for her to look at his file, she would be able and, more importantly, be willing to help.

There was no mention of my relationship with Ming or about the revelations regarding my sexuality. I guessed that would be discussed when we visited for the weekend.

Ming called me at 7:35 pm to say he was back and would shower and be over in 15 minutes. The rat-a-tat-tat knock on my door at 7:50 pm didn't surprise me.

"Right on time...... WTF!" I declared as I opened the door, only to have him push me forcefully backwards and after swiftly shutting the door behind him, plant a passionate kiss, including him using his tongue, on my lips to prevent me from saying anything.

"Just in case you were having any doubts about telling Pang," he said as soon as our lips disconnected. "Think of how that felt if you're needing some extra support."

"Wow Ming!" I answered breathlessly. "I hope you're not going to do that every time we meet or I'll be walking around in a permanent state of arousal. I'm just telling Pang...., no one else."

"Once we tell my parents I would like us to come out as a couple, here at college and with my friends. Would you give it some thought?"

"Why? I'm not sure that I could do that just yet." I looked at him quite horrified by the thought.

"I just thought it might let your mother know how serious you are. It would also show her how mature you are too."

I gave a false laugh. "I don't need to do that for her to see how serious I am. You're just wanting to stake your claim on me, aren't you?"

"Actually I have a feeling that by next week you will be staking your claim on me," teased Ming. "I can just see you getting jealous over me hanging out in the showers with the hot boys from the football team after training or a game."

I pulled him in close and kissed him again. "You are so sure of yourself, aren't you?"

"Mmmmmnn, and you love it." He returned my kiss and squeezed my arse at the same time.

I loved him doing that. I know it sounds odd but it was the way he did it. It was sensuously performed and made Mr Happy pulsate.

"Go easy there Ming. We're meeting Pang in just under 10 minutes and I'll need to cool down before we meet her."

I pocketed my wallet and phone and let Ming kiss me quickly again before heading out the door. I was still feeling a little hot and bothered.

When we arrived, Pang was not there so Ming reserved a table while I ordered drinks and some food. Just as I sat down we saw Pang crossing the road with Sky. Having Sky with her took me completely by surprise. I looked at Ming, horrified and wondering what to do.

"You're gonna have to make your mind up pretty fast. To tell or not to tell. That is the question!" Ming misquoted with a big grin on his face.

"Trust you to misquote Shakespeare to make a joke of it," I answered as I stood up to go and order more food and a drink for Sky. "If I do tell them I just hope Sky keeps her mouth shut."

When I returned Sky was sitting in my place next to Ming. I guessed it was Pang's way of splitting us up and making sure she sat next to me. Sheepishly she said she hoped I didn't mind Sky coming along as she hadn't eaten and that she had wondered if Ming would be with me. Once I had sat down, Pang draped her arm around me and leant her head on my shoulder. It was the knowing look she gave me that had me worried. It crossed my mind that Poom had already spoken to her mother.

Twice in one day I was being pushed to do something I didn't really want to do. I felt Ming's knee rub up against mine and the look he gave me told me that he was trying to give me some support.

"How did your weekend at Sky's go? What did you get up to?" I asked, trying to buy myself some time that I didn't really need, as the waitress brought over the drinks.

"Really good," she answered with a big smile. "We went shopping and went ice skating. There was a pop up rink in the mall there and we had such fun."

"We got chatted up by this group of boys and they took us to have something to eat," announced Sky, ignoring Pang motioning her to be quiet. "Pang liked one of them and now she has this boy's number. She is going to meet him again next time she has a weekend away with me."

I pushed her away from me. "You've gone and got yourself a boyfriend?" I queried, sounding, and no doubt, looking astonished.

"Not a boyfriend, Earth! Just an admirer. Just like you have with Ming. If you can have one then so can I!" Pang petulantly answered, staring right at me. "Maybe if I had a proper boyfriend you might get jealous and pay more attention to me."

There it was. An opening I couldn't pass up. I took a deep breath. "Actually Pang, Ming is not my admirer anymore. He's my boyfriend."

There! I said it. I watched for any reaction. Did she already know? She didn't move or show any outward signs at first. Then a smile slowly formed on her lips.

"You're winding me up, aren't you? No way, Earth, am I gonna fall for that. You're just trying to put me off, aren't you?" She looked at Sky who had an equally surprised look on her face and then back at me.

I took hold of Ming's hand across the table. "It's up to you what you think, Pang, but over this weekend I realised I liked Ming like he likes me and when my mother and sister confronted me about my friendship with him I told them what I have just told you."

"Your mother and sister confronted you?" She answered in disbelief.

"Yes! Obviously after you told your mother about my friendship with Ming and about our fight, she then went and told mine. It was embarrassing to say the least as they challenged me publicly in front of the twins and Pond. I am only telling you now because it was not how I wanted it to be and we had harsh words."

"With your mother?" She asked, looking now a little worried.

The food arrived and I waited for the waitress to leave.

"Yes and with yours," I sternly replied. "Pond was wanting to discuss a business proposal with my mother for the aquarium owner's nephew but because of yours, and your mother's indiscretion it didn't happen."

"Mum never said anything to me about that tonight when I spoke to her."

"Good! Shows she has listened to me. I was angry that she never spoke to me first before telling my mother. By you saying things to your mother about my sexuality, without the facts to back it up, has caused me great pain. You have not acted as a friend should act and your unkind actions then forced me into confirming I'm gay to what's left of my family before I was ready to do so. I had only just accepted that I liked Ming and I wanted to tell my mother privately. If I denied I liked Ming then it would have reflected badly on your mother. You know that if my father was still alive she could have been dismissed for repeating idle gossip. She had no right to say anything. No right at all."